Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looking at 968's now Anthony?
Old 09-25-2005, 09:23 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anthony,
No luck with an RS yet. Still looking everyday. Finding one with low miles that has not been modded or tracked is getting difficult. I just traded away the E55.
I have to say, that I feel the oppisite about fitment. I feel tight in the 911's and I find the 928 to be spacious. I'm 6'2" and fit perfect in the 928. I feel like i'm sitting on the floor, but spacious!
Old 09-25-2005, 11:47 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,247 Likes on 1,334 Posts

Damian,

It must be getting close to that time of year again. We need to organize a bigger turnout for some rippers.

Cindy has really gotten the autocross bug and I would like to start doing some DE's again after a 15 year sabbatical. I don't want to trash the turbo on the track and even the autocross takes its toll. I was thinking of a 944 or 951 but Cindy doesn't like the idea of a turbocharged car and I was thinking the 968 would be better suited. Although budget wise the 944 is looking to be a better option for something that is going to be dedicated to autocross and DE use. Just a though for now but you know how these things work out.

Vinny,

Quite the change from an E55 to a 330ci. How do you like the new bimmer? I agree the 928 is very spacious. I am 6'1" and fit just right but they have a very low roof line and with the sunroof and my seat lowered I only have an inch or so head room. when I add the helmet I can't sit in the car without leaning the seat way back which leaves my arms too far from the wheel. So I need to bring the seat all the way forward with the seat back and it doesn't do much for car control through the autocross cones.

This leads me back to searching for a dedicated autocrss/DE car my wife and I can share. These things are more addictive than drugs.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:49 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cobalt blue, Tahoe blue, powder puff blue??? Why don't we describe those blue cars for what they are. Girly man, gramma blue, fu fu blue, I go to a steak house and order salad blue?????

LOL just kidding guys and no I don't have anything meaningful to add to this thread other than to tweak cobalt.

Sorry for the interruption. You can return to your exciting and educational discussion of blue hues now.

Like watching paint dry guys it really is.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:08 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Les Quam
Cobalt blue, Tahoe blue, powder puff blue??? Why don't we describe those blue cars for what they are. Girly man, gramma blue, fu fu blue, I go to a steak house and order salad blue?????

LOL just kidding guys and no I don't have anything meaningful to add to this thread other than to tweak cobalt.

Sorry for the interruption. You can return to your exciting and educational discussion of blue hues now.

Like watching paint dry guys it really is.

Well Les, I see you are slumming it in ol 964 turbo land.

How is the CGT doing? Had a nice chat with a gentleman here in Jersey who had a CGT in Carrera GT silver and Terracota interior. Nice car but too damn big for me. They are a lot bigger on the road than in the showroom. It also made a lot of strange creaking and groaning noises. He said he liked it but his Ultima was faster and easier to drive.

Any new additions you care to share? Still waiting for the day you come around to the Blue side.

Last edited by cobalt; 09-26-2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:03 AM
Evan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cobalt
I just wish I kept my old SC. It would have made the ultimate autocross car. Who knew.

I did !
Old 09-26-2005, 11:24 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Evan
I did !
Thanks Evan, rub it in.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:43 PM
VinnyC
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cobalt - I forgot about the helmet - now I understand.
Yes big change from E55 to 330. We wanted a 4 seat convertible now that we're in Florida. I didn't love the Audi and the CLK was not my cup of tea. I was going to go for the m3 but figured I'd save the extra cash for my RS or next p-car purchase!
Old 09-26-2005, 11:48 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Vinny,

Makes sense, good luck with it.

Chris, Is your car Moss green by any chance? Looks great in the picture.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:21 AM
Les Quam
Pro

Even my wifes exscursion smoked my CGT.

Since when is owning a handbuilt German crafted last of the rear wheel drive 964s Slummin? LOL

I am keeping my eyes on you guys over in 964 land.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Les Quam,
Thats some nice cars you got there.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Even my wifes exscursion smoked my CGT.
So the excursion is diesel powered huh. I used to joke back when I had a diesel Peugeot. I would say watch me smoke this guy, step on the gas and left him in a cloud of smoke. Wasn't a pretty sight.

Since when is owning a handbuilt German crafted last of the rear wheel drive 964s Slummin? LOL

I am keeping my eyes on you guys over in 964 land.
I don't know, you eliminated the 94 from your Signature. Figured it didn't qualify any longer now that your in GT land. Or is it the fact that you went over to the dark side and sold the red one. Too bad they didn't make them in Cobalt Blue.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Les Quam
Pro

I sold both my 94s so I deleted them from my signature. If I can find more warehouse space I will be hunting for another one sometime in the future.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:49 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Didn't realise. The last I checked your site you had the black one under "not for sale" I guess the price was right. You can always ask your buddy Richard Sloan for the Black one he has.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
Thanks Sameer,

I had a lot of people tell me the same thing at Pocono last weekend. I came in second in the Show class to a prisitine 996 C4. My car had just come off the autocross coarse and I did not have enough time to clean it thoroughly. I also ended up with the Honorary MOST BUGS award. It worked in my favor I ended up with additional points for this years Concours points standings. The C4 was only there for the Concours and road rally. It was spotless. I saw so many nice Porsche's last weekend sometimes it is hard to say which is nicest. I can't complain though.

My wife showed the GTS in Street class and after I helped her clean it she took first. She too had been autocrossing all morning.

Here is a picture of mine at the show, and my wife at the final turn of a rather fast autocrss coarse. She has learned so much and really is enjoying the sport and the car.
Lookin' good Tony! Both of you guys!

Quick Reply: 92 Cobalt Blue