Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Had an accident at the track :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:38 AM
Vince5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard about the accident talking to Porsche club Sweden members. Happy to hear you are safe and the insurrance will cover you. Look on the bright side overall you come out of this relatively well. To bad about the car though... At this point it may be usefull to take a second opinion from a trustworthy Porsche shop

The bridge at Kinnekulle is a scarry turn and you have very little margin for error (like everywhere else on this track but it's thefastest corner) that plus the fact that the stock gearing of the 964T doesn't suit this track at all are the reasons why I, just like Staffan, do not go there to often.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:14 PM
Henning964Turbo
Advanced

For me, a beginner, the gearing seemed ok on Kinnekulle. I used mainly second and third gear once or twice on the part of the track with all the turns, and on the straight I went a bit into 4th, then brake and down into third before the place(bridge?) I went spinning.
Old 09-13-2005, 06:03 PM
Miles965uk
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

glad to hear you are ok from the accident... from what ive read the car wont be worth repairing - it will cost way too much and your resale value will suffer too. You might be able to buy the car back of the insurance co and use the parts to create a track monster.
good luck
Old 09-13-2005, 09:57 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear you are ok. I've "been there, done that" in a few cars (not all driver error, honest!) and it sucks. The most important thing, though it is hard to realize, is that you are ok. They are amazing cars and very tough. My advice: get back in the saddle (e.g., back on the track) as soon as the car is able.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:02 AM
Vince5
Instructor

Originally Posted by Henning964Turbo
For me, a beginner, the gearing seemed ok on Kinnekulle. I used mainly second and third gear once or twice on the part of the track with all the turns, and on the straight I went a bit into 4th, then brake and down into third before the place(bridge?) I went spinning.
To me it's a lot of high revs in 2nd gear except on the straight and down after the long right hander after the bridge, in the end you fear for your engine ! Apart from when I had problems with my heater blower that's the only track where the car had tendencies to overheat

To bad because the lay out is very technical and fun to drive

Quick Reply: Had an accident at the track :(