Old 08-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 312 Likes on 218 Posts
Default Ultimate Motorwerks and ImagineAuto EFI Kit for the 965

Sometimes it is not important to be the first at something, just the best. Ultimate Motorwerks and ImagineAuto are pleased to announce the finest EFI kit for your 930/965 on the market. Countless hours have gone into this kit to ensure that it is unparalleled to anything in the current market. This kit has two of the strongest names in the industry. Between Ultimate Motorwerks and ImagineAuto no one has built more turbos for the Porsche industry, more motors, or understands air-cooled Porsche turbos better. The combined knowledge of the two companies boast nearly 35 years combined experience in the industry. This kit was not taken lightly and development is done on not one, but two separate in-house dynos equaling over 200K in cost. No expense has been spared to create the ultimate EFI conversion.

This kit will transform your 930 safely and reliably to EFI technology. We take your current intercooler and intake and introduce a set of CNC’d billet injector blocks with multiple port diameters from the stock 34mm to 41mm. We then take your intake and carefully port the opening to the size of the port diameter that is requested. No need to modify anything. Your intake sits in the stock location as well as your intercooler, throttle body and associated hardware. All we do is remove your CIS system and place this kit in its place. All the programming is complete and nothing is left to do.

One of the very important features is billet injector rails with locking injector tabs. This makes certain that the injectors will always stay put and the integrity of the rail will always be solid. The system also includes a adjustable fuel pressure regulator integrated at the end of the rail. This is a key design in ensuring that leaks never occur. Like Porsche design policy, this kit was designed with every scenario in mind. The fewer lines and more direct connections means less to fail. All fittings are Aerooquip plated fittings, the top of the line. To keep heat transfer to a minimum, much like the factory setup, the kit includes laser cut phenolic spacers. These spacers are placed between the head and billet injector block. Custom billet pick-ups for the EFI sensors are built into the cam spacer as well as a new billet (titanium is available) crank pulley and sensor bracket. One can choose a factory 2-belt pulley for A/C equipped cars, or a single belt pulley for those that have deleted the A/C. Lastly the brain of the system is Autronic's flagship, SM4 ECU. This gives us all the expansion and control to map your car to perfection.

This is the most thought-out complete kit on the market. It will not be for everyone. Those that want/need 800HP will be provided with other options, but for those stuck in the CIS limbo that want to move to the next level, this is the answer. In the past just under 450HP was the limit, now we can safely go beyond that and still allow the car to run smoother than it ever did before.

We have also introduced the new Hyflow 2 turbocharger that was built with this EFI kit in mind. It will offer the latest high efficiency compressor wheel design, built on the bullet-proof K27 platform. And at the same time the Hyflow and newer addition, the Hyflow “S” with EFI engine management will be allowed to stretch there legs. Allowing customers that already have these great turbochargers to wring out the most amount of performance possible.

It is our opinion that for most this kit requires in-house installation. We believe the combined knowledge and in-house install guarantees a trouble-free kit for a lifetime. We believe this so much that we will pay half the transportation cost to our install facility. Continental US only.

Last edited by Kevin; 08-16-2005 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:08 PM
AVID-928
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:22 PM
porshah
Instructor

OK, the suspense is killing me. Please tell us how much, so I can get some sleep!!!
Old 08-17-2005, 02:23 AM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 173 Likes on 104 Posts

WOW! That is one outstanding product offering. The quality of the components is top notch! I wish I still had my 965. There you go guys, you want to kick modded 993TT's butts? (I won't even mention 996's ) in a 993TT, you cannot get 50-60hp without investing $6-7k at a minimum, I don't know the cost here, but the car will be radically changed.

Kevin, will you be sending the ECUs with a base calibration and then the user will take it from there just to fine tune? I am curious about overseas potential for this kit, there are a few local guys here who would love ot install one.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:42 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Jean, Thanks.. With Stephens Mustang and my Dynapack dyno we will be able to tune and get very close base maps. We will tune for the SC cams the 964 cams, EVO's will come later.. Single and twin plug options will be there also.

As far as pricing guys, please PM or email Stephen and I.. We have a little worksheet that needs to be filled out with what your current mods are vs what your wish and want list are..
Old 08-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds good
Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Jean,
Maybe the owner will post he is on the board or I would post pics. The last EFI kit we did was on a 2400 LB 930 that made 1.3 bar at 3K and 540HP at .9 bar. The car was what I call un-drivable talk about shaking the cob webs out of your head.

The goal of the kit is to sell it as a kit only and keep programming and components matched. This allows us to control quality, reliability and longevity. Much like the factory would.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 156 Posts

A 2400lb 930....cripes...that is a major Jenny Craig with 540hp? OK I am officially scared.

Yasin
Old 08-17-2005, 10:24 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

At 80MPH + and spinning the tires you would be!
Old 08-17-2005, 01:26 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I need to include this to the list of pictures. The new Hyflow 2. In the picture a stock 7200 compressor wheel is shown. Definate increase in size and air-flow. Customers requesting this power level will require rod bolts at the very minimum.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:09 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 590 Likes on 352 Posts

Can someone please explain the benefits, if any, of putting EFI on a stock car?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:21 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Kevin and IA.

Congratulations on a very professional looking piece of kit. It shows that you have followed the age old saying of "do it once and do it right".

For someone like myself in New Zealand obviously sending the car to IA is not an option. We have access to very competant mechanics, ECU tuners and dyno operators. Will IA sell the kit to be installed by owners mechanics? Could you please PM me the cost of this kit based on fitting to a standard 965 Turbo. It is great that IA has taken the time to design and fabricate the kit to be as factory as possible and utilizing as much factory parts as possible. Well done.

Thanks in advance.

NZ 9ELVEN.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:58 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NZ 9ELVEN,
If your gonna swap your turbo, pls go with the K27HF2
Old 08-18-2005, 12:38 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Thanks Sameer,

My car really needs suspension 1st. Even tho it's only done 8000 km's the shocks are 14 years old. They're o.k but for track work I want something better. Then split pulse header system, HF turbo etc and possibly EFI
Old 08-18-2005, 12:43 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Originally Posted by John McM
Can someone please explain the benefits, if any, of putting EFI on a stock car?
The biggest benefit is drivability and the ability to tune a car for a more drivable band. You can place the power where you want it and where it needs it verses where the CIS wants to dump it.

So many people run the line and ask for trouble with modified motors. These pictures are from a motor that is less than 7K miles old and the well known tuner that built it said to short shift at 5K. That is not practical and what happens is this

This is the good piston!

This is the worst!

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks and ImagineAuto EFI Kit for the 965