Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Must see video!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 PM
eyue
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NSX is nice, but can't compare to a Porsche !!!! Anyone know where the links is now ?
Old 12-04-2005, 11:56 AM
Sameer
Race Car

pzull,
Whats your name buddie?
Old 12-05-2005, 07:44 AM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sameer
pzull,
Whats your name buddie?
I'm dennis. PM'd u with more stuff to jog your memory

Eyue,
Actually the NSX outhandles the 911 up to 993 series (stock). The 996 surpasses it but has less feel. Steering is less precise compared to 964/993 but it has better feel of what the tires are doing, maybe beacuse mine didn't have power steering. You can feel the steering slowly lightening as the rear end starts to break. All in all its a better track car, better balanced and faster than the 964. Very neutral handling. Main drawback of NSX is that it has plastic bits that keep falling off and I have to keep picking up after it.

I'm still getting used to the 965 as it's my 1st turbo car. I still feel disconnected with the throttle. On several occasions I forgot about turbo lag and nearly had my car rear ended when I changed lane to quickly overtake. The steering was quick and precise in bringing me into the overtaking lane but the car wouldn't move for what seemed like ages as I glance in my rearview to only see cars zooming up on me real fast. Scary

But back to the topic....anyone with ideas on where i can find that fabled video?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:47 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
John were in the manual does it state .88 bar? I was going off the TSB for gage reading which as we all know doesn't read above .7 bar. The springs are not as accurate as one might expect. So I guess the range can vary considerably but a full .1 bar is a fair amount.

Sameer, When I first tested my car it was reading .8 bar. So They obviously vary considerably. The car is a much different animal with the 1.0 bar spring. I do know of some that say they were reading .88 or close with the factory spring. I would have to guess some cars came from the factory with a little more punch than others. Although my car was measuring 370 hp with no mods other than B&B headers. With the addition of the HF K27 and 1 bar spring it easily jumped to 430 with cats. I am assuming without the cats it should be closer to 450.
Don't remeber what book it was that I read, but the author claimed that Porsche had different springs so that they could make sure every 964 turbo would meet the hp target.
I know it said how much the springs could differ, but I don't remember.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got the video of the nice sounding Turbo reversing out of the garage & burning up the road in the dark. Is this the one? If so. someone please PM where I can upload it for all to enjoy!!

Andy
PS. It does sound gorgeous!!
Old 12-12-2005, 03:19 AM
Sameer
Race Car

I downloaded it from turbo911.com but not sure if it's still there now.

Quick Reply: Must see video!!