964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Hose routing question

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:18 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Hose routing question

Coming off the top of my bypass valve (piece left front of intercooler) is a line that goes into a "T". The part of the "T" that extends on goes nowhere and is open. Is that right? Should that be capped? Why the "T" if it goes nowhere?
Old 07-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Charlie;

That's your control line for your BOV! It is routed to your throttle-body and the other end runs to the diaphram that is under your intercooler..

So basically nothing was connected to you BOV??
Old 07-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 168 Likes on 100 Posts

Charlie, I think what Kevin is trying to say is that you have another 100 hp in there that you were not using
Old 07-05-2005, 12:28 AM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Charlie;

That's your control line for your BOV! It is routed to your throttle-body and the other end runs to the diaphram that is under your intercooler..

So basically nothing was connected to you BOV??
That's what I'm trying to figure out. I had the car at a shop to have my window replaced and I mentioned to them that the car seemed to have an intake leak. They found this hose unconnected and said, "on your car they put in the T but it isn't needed" so they capped the end with a screw. I figured "that ain't right" but couldn't find a good diagream in PET to figure out where the hose goes. I've got the intercooler off now and will be looking for any/all loose hoses (source of continued suspected intake leak) and will look for the connection end of that hose.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:54 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts

Charlie, if you were to remove the "T" does one end go to the manifold/throttle-body and the other end to the top of BOV?

Quick Reply: Hose routing question