K27HF is here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 11:32 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Charlie;
KKK applies grey anti-seize around the bearing housing to turbine housing to aid removal when the turbocharger needs repaired. There is also anti-seize that I apply to all the turbine housing bolts and clamps... The most stop and go grocery trips that you can make in the next 100 miles will increase the lifespan of your new turbo.. Are you running Mobil 1?
This did kind of look like oozing anti seize. I'll drive the car more tomorrow (I have to fix the seat belt, I screwed it up when I was installing the rollcage earlier this winter) and look again.

I must have read your directions 5 times and definitely noted the "stop and go driving is good" comment. Thus my thought to commute to work with the car.

Yes, Mobil 1 15W-50 (15W not so great here in the winter, though the car does live in a heated garage so it isn't really exposed to cold starts (though it might if I drive it to work this week). 50 weight for the track has been my theory for 10+ years). Is that good/ok?
Old 03-13-2005, 11:39 PM
SoCal Mike
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to your impressions too, Charlie. That line really is quite different then for us 3.3 guys. New line is the only way to go in your case, glad it was any easy repair
Old 03-14-2005, 10:17 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

The car has 50 miles on it since the turbo install. I drove it to work today (plenty of stop and go, Kevin!).

There are no visible leaks on the ground, car is running great. I will likely be able to unleash the beast a bit on the way home from work tomorrow. Of course it is below freezing here in NJ and the car is running R compound tires, so I'll try to keep the fun to intended fun...
Old 03-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 336 Likes on 224 Posts

Have fun! Do you have the stock wastegate spring in?
Old 03-14-2005, 11:04 PM
DrJupeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kevin
Have fun! Do you have the stock wastegate spring in?
Yes for the Turbo 3.6. (.88 bar on last dyno measure)

Quick Reply: K27HF is here!