964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

New Turbo Rennlister!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 05:13 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 375 Posts

NZ 9eleven,

JP helped me source my car three-years ago, and I can concur he's a great guy. I last heard he had a 993RS sourced though Mark S. When did he sell it?

BTW: My parents live in Waikanae, and my avatar picture was shot at the river mouth....got to love that hill out of Otaki for building boost quickly
Old 01-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gidday John,

Small world. Mark just left here (home) today on his way back to Auckland. We've spoken about you leading up to this purchase and I also had a good read of your running report. Mark said you only live around the corner. JP has helped me all the way along my P-car ownership hence why he gets my business. He did have the 993RS but had an offer he couldn't refuse on it. He's now driving around in my old 993 C2 which was traded with cash on the RS. You mentioned in your running report that it may be time to sell. Where are you at with the car now? I noticed the discussion on the web about the color of your car and both Mark and I think it is the original color. BTW your car looks excellant in your pics. I'm happy with the 964T but would have preferred a differant color than white. I also lived in Waikanae for 4 years and now live about 1 minute north after that big hill that you mentioned.
Cheers. James.
Old 01-30-2005, 05:42 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Hi James,

I almost bought a white '89 C4, the decider wasn't the colour. I actually thought it suited the 964 body. Is yours ex Singapore?

After writing the running report you mentioned, I told Masa [Auckland owner of a speed yellow Turbo 3.6] that I felt selfish tying up so much cash in a car only I use, and his response was that his car was a safe release from life's pressures and I would be silly to sell mine if it did the same for me.

I thought about that for a while, then a promotion sealed the car's medium term fate....it's still in my garage, albeit sporting a new number plate "93TRBO"; those euro plates really suit our cars!

Haven't seen Mark since a mid winter club run. He's does a lot of brokering, especially ex Singapore cars, and is apparently looking for a 355 for my Napier friend [used to have a red 993RS].
Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Hi John,

Great to hear your keeping it. I have mine for exactly the same reason and obviously because I'm passionate above driving...actually anything with a motor It also makes me work harder as I feel a responsibilty to work that extra hour.

The car is not Ex Singapore. It belonged to a friend of mine and was commonly know as the "Sultan of Bruni's" car but I'm sure it was his brothers Prince Jefferies. I like to say it how it is and if it didn't belong to the sultan I don't really care. All this is hence the low Km's. My mate brought it with 1050 Km's on the clock. It would be neat to trace back the ownership details to truly establish it original owner and kill the rumours.

I've seen the Speed Yellow 3.6 and it looks nice. How many Km's? Have you seen the one on http://www.porsche.org.nz/publicadverts.asp at the mo. X88 engine option.

Nice plate. I had 9ELVEN but sold it with the C2 and now have PSH911 and PSH944.

That red 993RS went to Brian Hough correct? I've chatted with him a few times. Mark was down picking up his 968 which I'm sure you'll see in your neighbourhood. When I visit Mark I'll pop round and say hi
Old 01-31-2005, 12:11 AM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

I saw your car at JP's, and heard the story re the Sultan etc. Very nice looking car. Look forward to seeing you at Manfield or at the next P-car event.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:48 AM
993MAN
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Default So this is where you hang out!

At last I have had a look at this site after a long time. I see that there are a few Kiwi's here....good to see. Hi James and John Mc.
3.6 is going like a storm and have found all the leaks. The upcoming 40K service will sort the last one there. Rocker cover. Temp was up to 38 here today. Killer heat! Glad the air works in the Turbo!
Old 01-31-2005, 02:09 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Ha ha ha it's Kiwi Rennlist, were taking over you yanks

Gidday Graham sheeeze 38 deg C. We sure are having some scorchers. Good to hear the cars going strong and it sounds like you've found your true love again. I put on the RS wheel over the weekend which looks great and adjusted the sunroof mechanisms as it wasn't fully closing when I got it. All I need now are some shares in a petrol company

Ruf-Dan-Ruf... any dyno figures yet. I know you were working towards getting it on the dyno. I should be up at Manfield in April unless our 1st child puts a damper on that as Annettes due on the 8th.

Another pic...
Old 01-31-2005, 03:30 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

James,

I think you'll find it was Prince Jeffrey. I also like my watches and there was a flood of high end Pateks on the market when the Sultan forced him to divest all of his toys. Did the red Turbo 3.6 sell as well, or are they still looking for mint 993 TT money for it?

Not sure who bought the RS. I know Contis hooked Simon up with the buyer, and the delivery journey was pretty eventful, as one of the struts collapsed on the way to Auckland. It finally got to Auckland on a flat bed. Bit surprised about that breakdown, as the car didn't have that many Kms on it.

Is Mark's 968 a red one, or the one in your photo? Just wondering as I was out building my deck today and saw a red one come down our street.

Graham, welcome to the other Turbo hideout.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:01 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

I'm sure it was Prince Jeffery. When you think about it the Sultan would have brought a 3.6, something more unique in a special color too, not white.

The red 3.6 is still for sale at $145K NZD I believe.

I know the owner of the red RS. His name is Brian and he is based in Auckland. He's spent a bit on it tidying it up. Hadn't heard the flatbed story

Marks car is the one in the pic.

How many Km's on the 3.6 John? Mark and I were trying to guess. Last I recall they were around 95ish?

Last edited by Kiwi Carguy; 01-31-2005 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:16 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

RS steering wheel.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:53 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

James,

I don't think the strut breakage was major problem, it's just hard to drive without fixing it so flat deck was the only option. From what I saw the car was well looked after, so it wasn't due to abuse. In fact, I was surprised to hear that the new owner found so much to do on it, the car only had 30~40,000km on the clock and looked in perfect nick.

My car has a few more, and while I wish it was 95km [would've enjoyed the extra driving], it's only just ticked over to 90km. Still running strong and I have nothing to write for my next running report. These cars are bullet proof.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:57 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Any of you other kiwis looking to do the three day club run in June in the Hawkes Bay?
Old 02-01-2005, 05:45 AM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Dyno figures arrrggg..... trying to find time. Hopfully soon as the car is running fantastic.

Not sure about Hawkes Bay, but talking of events ......

We (Costa and I) are organising a small run from WGTN over Rimutakas round the back roads stopping for Lunch in Greytown. Then maybe back over saddle road and home. It's on Saturday 12th. We are meeting at Zebo's on Monday the 7th at Lunchtime for the planning run.

If your interested then let me know.

Quick Reply: New Turbo Rennlister!!!