New Turbo Rennlister!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:05 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Turbo Rennlister!!!

Hi guys,

New to this part of the board after spending alot of time on the 993 board and then a couple of months on the 944 board and now I find myself here and the owner of a 91' 911 Turbo. Bit of a long story but here goes. About 3 1/2 to 4 years ago I had my first 911. It was an emerald green 77' 911S and I loved it. Awesome car, heaps of character and loads of fun.

After a year of ownership we decided to move up in the 911 world after seeing a RUF 964 Turbo for sale. I started to do some homework on the car and after talking with my mechanic decided to give it a miss. We were then put onto a 91' 911 Turbo, Black with black leather and 85,000 km's. We negotiated, struck a deal and then at the last minute it all fell through and was traded on an Audi. My mechanic then put me onto a guy who owned a 91' 911 Turbo, white with black leather and...3100 km's. The car was immaculate. I drove it & then spent a while with the owner chatting. He then let me drive his 993 RS as a comparison and MAN that was awesome!!! That drive lead me to buy a 993 C2 6 speed which we owned for 2 years.

Now just recently I was offered a 993 TT from a close friend but could not take possession until xmas 05. After a few people heard that I was looking at a new car I had a few offers to buy my C2 even though it wasn't yet for sale. Cut a long story short I sold it as the offer was a good one.

Now here is where I brought the 944S2, which might I add has been an awesome car & very good value for money. The plan was to drive the S2 until xmas 05 and then buy the TT and track the S2. That was until the owner of the 911 Turbo ( now a friend since that 1st drive) that I drove two years ago rang me up and offered it to me at a price I could now afford. Previously it was out of my budget. So here I am now the proud owner of a 911 Turbo. It's currently got 3600km's on the clock and is just as lovely as when I first drove it. It's running a 1 bar boost spring and other than that it's pretty original. Here's a pic of it with a set of Speedlines on it but I brought it with the original cups on it. Yes, I tried to buy the Speedlines but he didn't want to sell. So that's about it. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do when the TT comes as the 2 specific cars are like chalk and cheese. I'm just gonna enjoy this one for the next 10 or 11 months and re-evaluate things then.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:32 AM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 839 Likes on 423 Posts

Welcome! I think you will love the '91 964T...they are just awesome.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:45 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,302 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Looks like a really nice car. Low mileage and nice color combo. Too bad you couldn't get him to sell you the wheels. Congrats and welcome.

I would drive the car for a while before jumping on the TT. I looked at the TT's before buying my 94 and to be honest I prefered the old rwd single turbo cars over the TT's. It is what i grew up with and what I find to give the best driving experiance. Don't get me wrong the TT's are awesome cars. I just find that for my driving style and the way I use the car the 964 Turbo is second to none for me.

It is funny how many TT and other performance car drivers I know have recently found a new liking for these cars and several people I know are searching for a car like yours to replace their TT with. Oh and by the way if you like the car in stock form you will be amazed and thrilled at what some minor upgrades will do.

Best of Luck
Old 01-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats to your new purchase and welcome to the forum.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:43 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congratulations on the new car, great choice.

Do you have to pay tax on second hand cars in New Zealand? We couldn't do that here in the states because the taxes will kill you.

What is you impression on the C2turbo?

Regards,

Sonny
Old 01-27-2005, 05:48 PM
JBH
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car and congratulations.

The wheels shown on that car are Supercups. They are a very nice wheel that I wish I could find for mine. Did Speedline manufacture those wheels?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:34 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SonnyV
Congratulations on the new car, great choice.

Do you have to pay tax on second hand cars in New Zealand? We couldn't do that here in the states because the taxes will kill you.

What is you impression on the C2turbo?

Regards,

Sonny
You don't have to pay tax on second hand cars in CA? In Nj we pay the 6% on all car purchases.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:36 PM
SonnyV
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cobalt
You don't have to pay tax on second hand cars in CA? In Nj we pay the 6% on all car purchases.
Yes, we do and it is %7.75. That is why I ask NZ 9elven because people from the UK don't have to pay tax on second hand cars at all, and they get to switch cars anytime they want. I wish we in the states could do that

Regards,

Sonny
Old 01-28-2005, 01:47 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Thanks, had no idea they did not have to pay tax in the UK on second hand cars.

I thought 6% was bad enough.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:15 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

cobalt: I pay 9.1% (could be different in other areas of WA) on all car purchase in the Seattle (Federal Way) area.
Old 01-28-2005, 02:25 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Boy I never thought I would hear myself say this but I think I am glad I live in NJ. 9.1% OUCH!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 02:27 PM
iborroel
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah I wish it was only applicable to new cars. Oh Well!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:32 PM
Ruf-Dan-Ruf
Racer

Hello , Fellow Wellingtonian ...... Welcome to the Turbo Rennlist club.

Are you a P-club member? Without asking JP we may already know each other .... anyway ... nice car ... look forward to meeting you ... if I haven't already
Old 01-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Sameer
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I was on your side guy's. Here in Singapore the cars are bloody expensive. I paid US$72k for my 930 when I bought it 4 years back.
Old 01-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Hi guys thanks for the welcome and all the kind words.

Tax wise we have Goods and services tax (GST) which is 12.5%. This is on all goods sold but private sales it's included in the price already and not paid to anybody. Kinda hard to explain? But that's my best attempt.

JBH - the wheels had Speedline for Porsche etched on them. That's about all I know.

Ruf-Dan-Ruf - I live in Manakau just north of Otaki. JP has worked on all my P-cars from day 1. Great guy and a tremendous help. I saw your car for sale years ago and then saw you in it at Manfield when you had your meltdown Read that you had it sorted which is great and also saw the great shots at the lake. I first looked at a green Ruf 964 with EKS and big HP but JP told me stay away. Long story short I brought the 993 C2 which JP nows owns after selling the 993RS. I have a 993TT coming at Xmas 05 with a stage 4 FVD conversion 550BHP and 750NM. The 964T was too good an opportunity to miss and I am having a hard time deciding between the low Km mint 964T or the 993TT with big HP lots of mods and 100ish KM's. The sensible side of me says keep the 964T but the boy in me wants the TT. I've always wanted a TT since owning 911's but they are all out of my budget in NZ. The one I've got coming is through a friend and is affordable. Might see you again at Manfield.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: New Turbo Rennlister!!!