Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

K27 High Flow installation

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 01:22 PM
DaneelV
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the K27HF a standard KKK turbo (or a modified one)?
Is there a model number like K27-2006 or is it just called K27HF?
(I want to find out if they are available here in SA and for how much)

Thanx
Daneel
Old 06-02-2004, 02:23 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,305 Posts

DaneelV,

The HF turbo is a K27 Hybrid. In simple terms they use a stock K27 and modify the housing to accommodate a slightly larger 16 vein turbine wheel vs. the stock 12 vein wheel. The difference is amazing and I highly recommend it. I only know of two places currently offering a HF-K27. Try Stephen at Imagine auto. or Rick Deman at Deman Motorsports. They are both Rennlist members, one of them may be willing to ship you a unit depending on how difficult customs may be.

Good Luck
Old 06-04-2004, 02:38 PM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I installed my K27HF, I kept hearing a hissing noise - even at idle - which I had thought was perhaps more air of some sort being moved around by the new, stronger HF. This hissing sound could also be heard from inside the car.

Today I went to my mechanic just to double-check that everything was OK and in order (all vacuum pipes/connections/airfilter/turbo/intercooler pipes etc). Upon removal of the intercooler, we discovered to our amazement that the orange seal which seals the throttle housing to the intercooler was not seating properly / leaking and that was where all ther hissing sound was coming from. We replaced the seal, put everything together again and went for a spin - WOW - K27HF power in all its glory!

Really thrilled by all this power! Call me stupid but, I hadn't realised for almost a month that the car was not operating to its optimum - I can now tell the real difference, compared to my standard turbocharger.

Just wanted to let everyone know the importance of this seal, which -judging by all the threads on Rennlist- has given a lot of trouble to many 930/965 turbo owners.

Best regards

Emilios
Old 06-06-2004, 12:25 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Daneel,
Drop me an email. We keep these units in stock and move a ton of them. I am also very use to shipping overseas and the customs. We can handle all the specifics. Don't forget, we are not only members, but also a sponsor

Quick Reply: K27 High Flow installation