964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

New Tyres for My 3.6 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 04:27 AM
emilios
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ziad,

here's the update on the P-zero Rossos as promised. Having already covered a couple of hundred (DRY) miles on them, they are definitely much much quieter than the S0-2's, in terms of road noise. Grip is truly unbelievable - simply awesome. I tested the car on curves/bends I know quite well and adhesion levels appear to be much higher with the Rosso's - I have no other tangible way of proving apart from higher / increased road speed (by about 6-7 MPH).

Please bear in mind though, that I have gone from 265/35 to 285/30, so some of the extra grip must, no doubt, come from the increased tyre contact area. Also, as a sidenote, the wider tyres (or P-Zero design?) offer a more pronounced 'protection lip' for the rims - although I am e x t r e m e l y careful of curbs/potholes etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, so far I am extremely pleased with them. Although looks-wise, the S0-2 treat pattern seemed more modern/hi-tech, the Pirellis look very sexy when viewed side-on with that red P-Zero writing on the sidewall!

Best regards

Emilios
Old 04-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Ziad
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Tyres for My 3.6 Turbo

Emilios

Many thanks for the update, I really appreciate it. It sounds to me like you are really enjoying the new tires... They are meant to be excellent tires and what you say about them reinforces that.

Normally, I would have simply gone for the Pirelli's u got, but I am quite keen to get something I can also use on a track (very now and then) as well as, specially since we have a proper F1 Track here in Bahrain which I am planning to go on shortly (don't know if you saw the Grand Prix race on 4 April).

Since the last update, I have had all sorts of problems finding tires. I tried to order the Dunlop Super Sport Race, but the local agent here told me that they would take several months. Of course, he was happy to have them shipped over quickly, but the cost was simply outragous. I then spoke to the Porsche garage who arranged to get me some tires (Pirelli Corsa's). I was a bit reluctant at first cos they are not very practical for daily use and they wear quite quickly. They were not going to charge me for the shipping so I thought what the hell and I placed the order. I went to pick them up 3 days later, only to find out that there was a miscommuncations and that I was going to be charged for the shipping - total cost US$2,600 - right!!! I told them to forget it... Now I'm back to square one but have been dealing with a Dunlop supplier in the US who's prices + shipping are quite reasonable, despite the fact that the shipping costitutes 40% of the total cost... In the mean time, I'm also looking at some Dunlop suppliers in Dubai. Overall, no progress. My tires are completely worn and I need to do something soon...

Kind regards,
Ziad

Quick Reply: New Tyres for My 3.6 Turbo