964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

WTF Seller backs out of sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2004, 03:27 PM
Dallas
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default WTF Seller backs out of sale

Just wanted to share my frustration, I had a deal to purchase an 94 3.6 turbo and the seller backed out right before the PPI. This just ticks me off.

Dallas
Old 02-19-2004, 05:22 PM
Staffan
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh no!!!
What reason did he give you ?
Old 02-19-2004, 06:09 PM
cowtown
Racer

I had a guy in the North Bay Area do that to me on an X5.

The deal was made, we had the cashier's check in hand, and I was getting my car keys to drive over and pick it up.

Some people have no respect and no ethics.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:24 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Well at least he told you before the PPI, I could see someone doing that and after the PPI if they find out there car is in great shape they up the price / stop the sale.....

Sorry about that, i'm sure you'll find one, they are rare cars but they are out there.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:28 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My rule in life which keeps my somewhat sane is that (at least) 10% of the population are sh*t. This means that if you theoretically had 10 3.6s lined up to buy from different buyers, at least one would go sour, possibly two. Unfortunately you got one of the 10%ers. In sales it helps me when a deal falls out. If I have 20 deals going, I can expect 2-3 of them either falling out, or being a pain in the *** or both. Sometimes it helps when I recognize that, sometimes I still get pissed off, depending on the situation.

I'm sure that doesn't help, but that is how I would look at it, and try to find another one….and then spray paint his cat.
Old 02-19-2004, 08:36 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Bummer,

That must hurt like hell. Sorry to hear it,

Well it was probably all for the better he was probably covering something up.

There are many more out there. I am sure the right one will come along.
I have noticed over the past several months that a new one comes on the market every few weeks.

LOL
Old 02-20-2004, 02:27 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 366 Posts

Forklift,

I say leave the cat alone, it's probably already suffering enough having that guy for an owner.

As for the owners actions, I have no time for these types. I was a money market trader and rule no 1 was "my word is my bond".
Old 02-20-2004, 02:44 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Dallas,
Believe me this is a good thing. If people back out before the PPI it is because they know you are going to find something seriously wrong. This is not the end of the world there are plenty more to choose from. I would be counting my lucky stars to be quite honest with you. Just imagine what you might have ended up with had you not asked for a PPI.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

PS: A colleague of mine ignored the concept of a PPI and let his heart do the talking when he bought a Turbo 3.6. It was a complete bucket of pooh. Thousands upon thousands of dollars (pounds actually) later he finally got rid of it and he lost thousands more. Methinks you are a lucky guy.
Old 02-20-2004, 11:25 AM
Dallas
Advanced

I appreciate the support, however, the guy is still willing to sell me the car, he just wants more money now. Even though it is still within my budget, I can't allow myself to be taken advantage of like this. There are other cars out there.

Dallas
Old 02-20-2004, 12:37 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,324 Posts

I would tell him to take a hike. I'm

Stand firm on your price.

Tell him if the car doesn't sell to give you a call and maybe you will make him a new offer.

If your budget is flexible there are other cars out there and one will come along.

LOL
Old 02-20-2004, 03:04 PM
Dallas
Advanced

Cobalt, I did exactly as you said. My wife says just pay him the extra money I guess women think different. Fortunately, I like three kinds of porsches, 89 930's... 97-98 C2S ....or the 94 3.6 turbo. A good one of these is bound to show up.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:53 PM
KeithC2Turto
Pro

Buyers can be flakes to.

Had several change there mind after taking my car off the market after talking to there wives/girs frends...

Buying & selling a Porsche can be a bit emotional on both sides.

With every defalt I was actualy kind of happy I got to keep my car a bit longer.

Could have been a problem but just sounds like he has not realy decided the give it up, at least on a subconuous bassis .

To bad he is wasting others time. Mostly he has not been honest with himself yet and tell his wife that the kitchen remodle or funding of the kids collage fund will have to wate.

That is just the real world I guess.

Saw this same thing with people selling there companies. It is tought to let some things go.

K
Old 02-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Forklift,
I'm telling you man. You really crack me up!! Paint his cat, stop your killing me!!! I hope you paint it guards red not some ugly color like cobalt blue or something.
Old 02-21-2004, 12:35 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I like it!! Maybe we can get a "tag" arbitrator in from LA and use both colors. Make it a union jack cat or something.

Three of my good friends are at Mandelay Bay right now, probably still up from last night. One of them is up $20K in blackjack! I decided not to go, because I spent all my money on a new suspension, seats, etc. Two of the three usually be over $50K in a weekend, which is too rich for my blood. I wish I would have gone anyway just for the "scenery."
Old 02-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Forklift,
It's 40 degree's and raining your not missing much. Tell your buddy to quit when he is ahead. The biggest advantage you have over the house is the ability to leave the table when your up.

Quick Reply: WTF Seller backs out of sale