Notices
964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

AC Compressor Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 08:09 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 42 Posts

That looks like its worth an investigation on my car. IF I get speedlines our cars will be twins! Thanks again.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:33 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

Got back to project 965 and first and foremost is this AC problem. I tested the relay with my multimeter and put power to it and it works. So the relay is not the problem. I next put power to pins 30 and 87 and the compressor clutch "clicked" so the clutch works and it is getting power. I am thinking the only thing left is low freon, however, the system was just rebuilt with a new condenser and charge a couple of months ago. Is there anything I am missing here? Been searching the 964 forum and I am at an impasse.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:24 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 311 Posts

Does the compressor engage when you press the snowflake button on the climate control?
Old 11-11-2019, 10:53 AM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

The clutch does not engage but the light goes on. I am going to bring it in as I have a couple of small things that need to be tackled as I put the car back together. I am hoping to have it look as good as yours although I am running the stock wheels! With the newly painted plastic bits and new seals the car looks fantastic.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Metal Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 431 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwtmx
The clutch does not engage but the light goes on.
Either the fuse is blown or there is low refrigerant pressure.
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM
bmwtmx
Rennlist Member

I am going to bring it in as I want that checked out and also because I had to cut the exhaust tip off I need that refitted. With that in mind, the car is 99% back together and am in the process of doing a solid paint correction here. Nothing crazy, compound, polish, wax and from the results so far it looks amazing. I ran out of polish though so am waiting on that. One question, I ordered new rock guards for the rear fenders and rear lower rocker panel from Pelican Parts. I didn't want to spend the stupid money on the OEM film and bought these instead. Fitment is not perfect (the lower pieces are too big) and overall looks a little thin. Anyone have experience with these before I install?

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_In...=0&SVSVSI=4389

Quick Reply: AC Compressor Question