964 Turbo Forum 1989-1994

Recognize this 964 turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:26 PM
meiwah98
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recognize this 964 turbo?

Found this for sale online, on a off traffic site, but the seller sounds fishy. Somebody recognize the 1994 964 with red interior?
Attached Images  
Old 09-19-2017, 10:36 PM
heliolps2
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 114 Posts

Wow... Great color combo.. Which state is the car located ?
Old 09-20-2017, 12:36 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,256 Likes on 1,339 Posts

This car was at Porsche Parade in 2016. He entered it in preservation class I was judging but declined having the car judged at the last minute. The owner claimed to have several cars including a flachbau turbo S as well.

The car would have won the class but not as clean as I would have expected from what I saw.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:39 AM
meiwah98
Rennlist Member

Default FAKE seller

Hi Everyone:

I confirmed this is a fake ad. Someone posted this car for $130K, but this buyer is a fraud, pulled past pictures from other ads.....

Read this ad... the scam revealed itself when he said he will have a transport company take care of the deal:

Hello Edward,

I have attached more pictures to see the condition of the car. The car belonged to my father who recently passed away. Because I am unable to manage this transaction in person I decided to use services offered by a professional shipping company. The location of the car is Bellingham, WA sealed and ready to go. I arranged for the sale right before I left the country so my presence won't be necessary. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a inspection period (7 days), title transfer service or/and (if needed) returns and refunding. As for the payment we can start a transaction through the shipping company where I'm already registered. You will have to register too on their web site, then you have to contact me to start the transaction. They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction. If you are serious about buying the car, I will ship it anywhere in United States with no extra cost.
If you want to move forward please contact me back so we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you,
Shane Moore
Old 09-20-2017, 09:01 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,256 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Originally Posted by meiwah98
Hi Everyone:

I confirmed this is a fake ad. Someone posted this car for $130K, but this buyer is a fraud, pulled past pictures from other ads.....

Read this ad... the scam revealed itself when he said he will have a transport company take care of the deal:

Hello Edward,

I have attached more pictures to see the condition of the car. The car belonged to my father who recently passed away. Because I am unable to manage this transaction in person I decided to use services offered by a professional shipping company. The location of the car is Bellingham, WA sealed and ready to go. I arranged for the sale right before I left the country so my presence won't be necessary. They are supervising the entire sale process from payment, shipping with a inspection period (7 days), title transfer service or/and (if needed) returns and refunding. As for the payment we can start a transaction through the shipping company where I'm already registered. You will have to register too on their web site, then you have to contact me to start the transaction. They act as a third party and will protect both of us in this transaction. If you are serious about buying the car, I will ship it anywhere in United States with no extra cost.
If you want to move forward please contact me back so we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you,
Shane Moore

The price should tell you everything as well. This is a $265k+ car at a minimum.
Old 09-27-2017, 11:57 AM
MIKe30
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Do these 964 fakes come up regularly? I'm green when it comes to Porsches and still learning but looks as if I've come across two fake/scam 964's and one fake/scam 997TT in the last few days alone.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:21 PM
meiwah98
Rennlist Member

Default scammers

Yes, scammers are wide spread. They pull pictures from old posts, and presents them as their own...... I have been following the 964 turbo market for quite a while, so the price was indeed "too good" to be true, and I noticed the many pictures did not "match" the backgrounds. Some were outside, some were in a garage, etc...

Anyways, just another example to be careful when buying online.

Quick Reply: Recognize this 964 turbo?