Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sorry Guys Out of Practice with 964 Prices

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Bloose993TT
Three Wheelin'

Received 128 Likes on 92 Posts

I think you should get close to $40k. That is fair market value for your car if the engine is healthy. Best of luck with the sale.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Derek911
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A seat with a big shotgun blast in it is not a good selling point. It's indicative of how the rest of the car was cared for. If an owner can let the seats get that bad, what else did they neglect. Spending a couple hundred on seat repair alone would raise the price by thousands. Presentation will increase value.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Originally Posted by UserA
Can you guys look at my ad and tell me if I am in line with a 1990 964?
In line you will need to take less probably with those visible issues.

Originally Posted by Bloose993TT
Asking price is high. Check this one out that just sold.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rix-white.html
Not a stock car, not a direct compare. Stock cars get better $ condition for condition unless you're talking a premium rothsport or singer.

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
For that kind of money you need to fix the checkstrap and reupholster the seats.

I also wonder how this car is quicker than your 993 C2S which has more power and better gearing? Was this 964 enhanced during the engine rebuild, or are your 993's valve guides completely toast?
993 are fatty. :-) Even with more power.
And yes, fix the issues, those are ugly and not too $ to address. or you just take less $

Originally Posted by Vandit
I wouldn't have lowered the price. Just make it clear you're open to offers and see what's the most money someone will throw out there.
Same

Originally Posted by UserA
Dropped to $40K and I have 8 PMs. Thanks for the help.
Market has spoken. $50 a little high, 40 a little low :-)

Reality is this for C2 coupes. C4 are 5-10k less, Convertibles less than that. and Tips... who knows:
mint very low mile garage queens that need nothing in normal colors: 80+
good driver cars: 55-75
Cars that have issues: under 50
Old 06-21-2017, 02:55 PM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

I said they're $20-30k over what they were a few weeks ago, some nearly touching $80k.
Got it thanks. I see the cars listed with the higher asking prices as well, they don't look too far out of line with market as I understand it but the person that writes the check will determine value.

Phil
Old 06-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

IAll you need is one sucker who reads too much Petrolicious and follows Magnus Walker on instagram to overpay. There's lots of them out there, buying into the trend, "adding an air-cooled to the garage" of six-figure under warranty cars after watching too many Singer videos on YouTube. ).
Lol!!!
Old 06-21-2017, 05:23 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

All you need is one sucker who reads too much Petrolicious and follows Magnus Walker on instagram to overpay. There's lots of them out there, buying into the trend, "adding an air-cooled to the garage" of six-figure under warranty cars after watching too many Singer videos on YouTube. How else would these cars have appreciated from mid-teens to $60-80k in only a few years.
Think is, there aren't that many out there, really.

I can count on 1 hand the number of really SORTED C2 Coupe good driver cars out there.

Most are roachy
Or garage queeens
Or roachy priced like garage queens.

Buzz alone is not what is driving the prices of these cars.You have cheap money, good economy, nostalgia, last of the analogue etc etc etc.

And FnA they are FUN TO DRIVE unlike that piece of CRAP Rav4 rental car I had yesterday. What a sh!tbox!
Old 06-21-2017, 06:52 PM
Tmistry
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Think is, there aren't that many out there, really.

I can count on 1 hand the number of really SORTED C2 Coupe good driver cars out there.

Most are roachy
Or garage queeens
Or roachy priced like garage queens.

Buzz alone is not what is driving the prices of these cars.You have cheap money, good economy, nostalgia, last of the analogue etc etc etc.

And FnA they are FUN TO DRIVE unlike that piece of CRAP Rav4 rental car I had yesterday. What a sh!tbox!
I don't disagree at all. A manual C2 coupe 964 is a fantastic 911 and provides tremendous driving enjoyment. The value of these cars is strong and growing not just because of buzz or well heeled posers, it's because the cars are really worth every single penny.

Quick Reply: Sorry Guys Out of Practice with 964 Prices