Sponsored by:

info request....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 05:39 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts
Default info request....

just looking at a post by high wind and noticed his avatar is a great pic of the wide open spaces of, and i am assuming here, south africa....awesome pic...so thought to start a thread as to where are some of the best places to comfortably drive at you own chosen speed without big brother's prying eyes making one uncomfortable....y'know, like stretches of great open spaces where there just...aren't, speed traps, lurking lawmen, or, ahh, generally...people....i'm thinking maybe most of south africa...never having been, i wouldn't know...about there and many other parts of the world...living in germany i am afforded the dubious pleasure of many unrestricted kilometers of autobahn, but that gets old surprisingly fast(heh heh, see what i did there...?) i will just throw in the best driving area i have encountered in many years actually has been just about all of spain...the country having benefitted from many many euros in the last decade or so for many many km's of wonderful much improved roads...the pyrenees are like every day is christmas day ...and nary an officer of the law to be found, especially when you don't need one...anyway, other good roads out there...? pics are good...
Old 05-31-2017, 05:47 PM
kkswow12
Drifting

Received 103 Likes on 77 Posts

oh, jeez, thats kinda long...sorry, but not as long as the great roads in spain...!

the great thing about these was that you really were pretty much left to your own devices...
Old 05-31-2017, 09:05 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 359 Posts

Other side of the World from you and driving on the left but there's a good reason we live in New Zealand. This is just a small taster
Old 05-31-2017, 10:12 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,

Great roads and video.... I had to hold my breath for 1.45 minutes as the horror going in my stomach while you drive on the left, it goes against 40+ years of me behind the wheel, yikes! What if a kangaroo or moose crossed the road? What car was that, I don't recognize that dash?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:30 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 602 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by C4inLA
John,

Great roads and video.... I had to hold my breath for 1.45 minutes as the horror going in my stomach while you drive on the left, it goes against 40+ years of me behind the wheel, yikes! What if a kangaroo or moose crossed the road? What car was that, I don't recognize that dash?
It was a friend in his Boxster RS60.

Aside from very occasional farm animals on the road there's nothing big to hit here on the roads.

Here's my morning run in the C4 up a mountain pass in the South Island (Short Version)
and the long version
Unfortunately the sound of the engine was recorded so poorly I couldnt use it and then Youtube muted my music choice on the long version. The ride down from the top at 5:16 is my favourite part.
Old 05-31-2017, 11:20 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's called owning the road, all the road... Front end suspension looked smooth, no camera bounce at all.. Very cool ...

Quick Reply: info request....