Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hope you get 65k or more haha
Old 03-06-2017, 09:41 PM
Jbarnes RS
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
$65K for this car is definitely on the higher end of this car's worth, IMHO, unless all of the big $$$$$ items have been addressed already, including new top-end engine rebuild, clutch etc. I see the suspension has already been upgraded, which is a plus.

If you want a quick sale, price it lower. If don't mind the sale possibly taking months and months, and dealing with lots of phone calls, people and tire kickers, then hold out and see if you can fetch your price.

Good luck with the sale
Why do you think this car needs a top end rebuild?

My Black car purchased by Mooty had 136k perfect leak down original engine.

Red car had 122k perfect leak down ran very strong.

These engines are incredibly robust and should be good to 200k with proper maintenance.

Not sure why anyone feels they have the right to comment and critique a car they have no intention of purchasing.

Price seems in line. Let the new owner determine if it is priced correctly.

Good luck with sale. I will pass the word to a couple people I know are looking.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:27 PM
u7t2p7
Banned

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

$65K for this car is definitely on the higher end of this car's worth, IMHO, unless all of the big $$$$$ items have been addressed already, including new top-end engine rebuild, clutch etc. I see the suspension has already been upgraded, which is a plus.

If you want a quick sale, price it lower. If don't mind the sale possibly taking months and months, and dealing with lots of phone calls, people and tire kickers, then hold out and see if you can fetch your price.

Good luck with the sale
Originally Posted by Jbarnes RS
Why do you think this car needs a top end rebuild?

Not sure why anyone feels they have the right to comment and critique a car they have no intention of purchasing.

Price seems in line. Let the new owner determine if it is priced correctly.
This "goofball" has no idea what he's talking about. Don't think he has ever even owned a 964 before. To sh*t on this seller's thread and then conclude with "good luck with the sale" is ridiculous. I own (and have owned) many 964's. The asking price is right on for the later model years (92-94), color and condition (at least how it is represented). GLWS.
Old 03-06-2017, 10:38 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Guys, I'm not saying this car needs a top end, or anything else for that matter.

What I am saying is $65K for a 78K mile 964 C2 might be on the higher end of the spectrum if any big ticket wear items that need to be done, haven't been addressed, i.e. still on the original clutch etc, or if the car is in less than pristine condition. Now, am I now suggesting the car needs a new clutch? Nope.

If it is a perfect 78K mile car, then perhaps he'll get a bite at $65K.

Also this isn't a For Sale ad, this is a pricing question ad. There's a For Sale section specifically for selling a car. The OP asked for pricing opinions. This is my opinion. You're entitled to yours.

I hope he gets $165K for it. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Finally, the market will determine if this car is priced correctly, not the seller, or me, or anyone else.

Good luck with the sale
Old 03-06-2017, 10:58 PM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 208 Likes on 76 Posts

I say $60k if it checks out 👍🏼
GLWS
Old 03-06-2017, 11:10 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Opo
I say $60k if it checks out ����
GLWS
Yeah, now you can bash Rudy for basically coming to a similar conclusion

The Oracle Of Katy has spoken
Old 03-07-2017, 12:45 AM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Your opinions are all appreciated in the spirit they were written. This forum makes the hobby possible in my opinion. Good, bad or otherwise. I appreciate it.

The car had a leak down done 12 months or so ago that was super strong. Not a problem there, interested parties have all been sent that info. I have records back 21 years that show the cars provenance and the care it has received. I bought it from a Rennlister that some of you probably know. A very private guy, with an amazing collection. He taught me how to sell a car in many ways, represented it perfectly, which I hope to do also.

Now, all of this said....be constructive, be friendly or go get yer shine box. (Thanks all)
Old 03-07-2017, 08:49 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Guys, I'm not saying this car needs a top end, or anything else for that matter.

What I am saying is $65K for a 78K mile 964 C2 might be on the higher end of the spectrum if any big ticket wear items that need to be done, haven't been addressed, i.e. still on the original clutch etc, or if the car is in less than pristine condition. Now, am I now suggesting the car needs a new clutch? Nope.

If it is a perfect 78K mile car, then perhaps he'll get a bite at $65K.

Also this isn't a For Sale ad, this is a pricing question ad. There's a For Sale section specifically for selling a car. The OP asked for pricing opinions. This is my opinion. You're entitled to yours.

I hope he gets $165K for it. A rising tide lifts all boats.

Finally, the market will determine if this car is priced correctly, not the seller, or me, or anyone else.

Good luck with the sale
I am sorry but why people would argue over a few grand on a clean car is beside me. Has nothing to do with rising tides. How many clean no needs 964 late model coupes come up for sale. Mileage is reasonably low. Condition is outwardly decent and the owner seems to be honest and presents it well. I would replace the missing cover on the bumperette but that is just me. Otherwise a PPI performed by a well qualified shop will answer any unknowns and if your looking for a decent C2 in this condition what does arguing over $5k in either direction get you. I have seen people pass on cars like this when none were available because they felt the price was a few grand too high. Once the car sold for the sellers asking price they searched for a year or more afterwards only to settle on a lesser car for the same price.

He set his price which is not unreasonable and I guess we will see what it sells for. If anything shows up on a PPI I guess it will be a point of negotiation. In either case I wish him the best luck and a speedy sale. I wouldn't let my 61k 93 C2 go for that little and it has been completely repainted but to the highest standards and was never in an accident.

Besides I don't know of any buyer who doesn't try to negotiate down the price so if you start low you will end up lower. I would bet if you showed up at his door with cash he might be willing to oblige you.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:23 AM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The rust around the windshield makes it 59-60k to me. I don't buy that the original owner switched the windshield and nicked the paint. too many original windshield cars have that same problem. including mine. not saying he is lying. he was lied to or doesn't remember the details correctly. maybe the windshield was pulled at the spot was not repaired properly the first time. windshield needs to be pulled and that should be repaired for an asking price of 65. IMO
Old 03-07-2017, 09:30 AM
JohnK964
Three Wheelin'

Received 275 Likes on 161 Posts
Default Agree

Originally Posted by u7t2p7
This "goofball" has no idea what he's talking about. Don't think he has ever even owned a 964 before. To sh*t on this seller's thread and then conclude with "good luck with the sale" is ridiculous. I own (and have owned) many 964's. The asking price is right on for the later model years (92-94), color and condition (at least how it is represented). GLWS.
Didn't you know Mr Goof is the expert here 😂😂😂
Old 03-07-2017, 09:53 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,090 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Originally Posted by Norse_man
The rust around the windshield makes it 59-60k to me. I don't buy that the original owner switched the windshield and nicked the paint. too many original windshield cars have that same problem. including mine. not saying he is lying. he was lied to or doesn't remember the details correctly. maybe the windshield was pulled at the spot was not repaired properly the first time. windshield needs to be pulled and that should be repaired for an asking price of 65. IMO

That is a cheap and easy repair to do properly. If it is already a replacement windshield than it doesn't matter how it happened and more of these cars are suffering from the windshield issue and the owners have no clue it exists.....Yet! If I were confronted by a buyer about this I would either have it repaired or deduct $800 to $1000 tops for the repair. If this were a 993 I would include the price of the windshield as well.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 232 Likes on 138 Posts

Looks like a nice car. I hope the OP gets his asking price.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:55 AM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OP here - My ambition is to represent the car as honestly as I can. Hence the video, and highlighting any issues. I also believe in selling for a fair price for both parties, so open to discussing that. I don't believe in cars as an investment, I think they are to be looked after but enjoyed. I simply dont drive this little 964 enough, and having it sitting in the garage makes no sense.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:30 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree with Cobalt. It shocks me how many people walk away from a car over a grand or two, when really good ones don't come up for sale all that often.

It happens in every aspect of car buying. Its interesting to see how many people who shop for a new car will turn and walk away pissed off because on the $120k dollar brand new 911 they're looking at can be bought for $250 less 300 miles away. Really $250 dollars?

The same principle is at work here. If you want a really nice no stories, fairly low miles, good year, C2 coupe... whats the difference between $60 and $62 ? When is the next time you'll find one like it?

If you want the car, and it checks out, buy it... If you want the car, and it checks out but you're a grand or two apart... buy it. Unless you think you're a flipper or for some crazy reason you think its a good investment, then buy it and be done.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Please share the For Sale listing and keep us updated on how long it takes to sell and how close to (or over) asking price it happens to sell for.

I keep seeing big dollar sales mentioned by several members as if they're a common occurrence, but I never ever see those listings. I guess you have to be invited to a secret inner circle to be privy to all these $60-80k Carrera listings.

All the big money listings I see end up sitting forever, get talked down and laughed at in the For Sale thread on this subforum, and eventually get unlisted and relisted for way less, usually low $40s.

Quick Reply: Pricing question - Selling 964