Sponsored by:

964 headlights upgrade options at present

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:47 AM
me61ic
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by me61ic
Thanks a lot! I ordered a set tonight and I will be ordering another tomorrow to a different address. I did not want to order 2 together so I don't have problems with customs
My set arrived earlier this week, I was out of town and did not know until I saw the package today. Everything arrived perfectly, I should have ordered an extra set as the sender marked the value as 10 USD

Thanks again Paul
Attached Images    
Old 12-19-2016, 04:36 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by me61ic View Post
Thanks a lot! I ordered a set tonight and I will be ordering another tomorrow to a different address. I did not want to order 2 together so I don't have problems with customs
My set arrived earlier this week, I was out of town and did not know until I saw the package today. Everything arrived perfectly, I should have ordered an extra set as the sender marked the value as 10 USD

Thanks again Paul
You're welcome Ignacio :thumb:

I received 3 sets about 3 weeks after I ordered them, all good.

I couldn't get ahold of woodypeck so i ordered from China... been 3-4 weeks and still waiting!
I've sent 1 set to Michael in Ireland and intended to keep 2 sets but If you don't get your's I'll send you a set Kyle, I owe you anyway! Did you order from the same link? You should receive them ok, it could be Customs holding them up. Let me know with a PM anyway if you need a set of mine.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-20-2016, 01:21 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul284pt
You're welcome Ignacio :thumb:

I received 3 sets about 3 weeks after I ordered them, all good.

I've sent 1 set to Michael in Ireland and intended to keep 2 sets but If you don't get your's I'll send you a set Kyle, I owe you anyway! Did you order from the same link? You should receive them ok, it could be Customs holding them up. Let me know with a PM anyway if you need a set of mine.

Cheers,
Paul
Thanks Paul! I just received my set today. Installed one and it is pretty amazing.. need to install the other side and realign. I didn't have much room to fan out the heat flaps. Hope they dont have to be spread out too far to dissipate heat
Old 12-20-2016, 06:46 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi Streetdaddy,

Pleased you received them ok.

I fanned mine out as best I could and I haven't had any problems even after a longish run with the lights on, I checked them by removing one and they weren't hot at all, they seem to be very efficient at their heat dissipation. Steve (at Woodypeck) told me he had run them for quite a while in his 928 without problems and there's not much room in those headlight bowls either.

Cheers,
Paul
Old 12-20-2016, 05:19 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

Do you guys mind posting pictures of how they look at night? I bought a set of these LED's for my Audi fog lights which are 6000k, I was hoping for 5000k for my 964 and I wonder if the fan will fit in the housing. After the holidays I'll order a set and see if they work if I can't find a set of 5000k.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCUQUTQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

For the lights that StreetDaddy and others have installed, you can buy them on Amazon Prime for $65
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...A2AP30JI9RVASQ

Last edited by KOTYKB; 12-20-2016 at 05:36 PM.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:24 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

can someone provide good links to the threads that show install of the h4's in stock 964 lamp housings?

i recall reading about the need to snake a thick wire through where it doesn't really fit

i am all thumbs when installing so i want to know where the difficulties may be if i get a set of these chinese led inners...
Old 12-21-2016, 04:32 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Hi KOTYKB,

Do you guys mind posting pictures of how they look at night?
I already did that, please scroll back through previous posts. I'm not sure why you would need 5k, these 4.8k are really bright, that's a combined power of 9600 and there is only the heat-sink webbing to fan out in the bowls.

For the lights that StreetDaddy and others have installed, you can buy them on Amazon Prime for $65
Or, you can buy them from where we got them for $42.10 delivered free

Cheers,
Paul
Old 01-04-2017, 01:28 PM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

I ended up installing the H4 LED headlight bulbs from Amazon for $65. I was a bit worried that the 6000k color would look a little too blue but its actually a very white look. For the price and light output, I'm very happy with the update.
Attached Images    

Last edited by KOTYKB; 01-29-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:18 PM
dhc905
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

^^ You're running H4's not H5's?
Old 01-05-2017, 01:15 AM
Ebola
Track Day

Originally Posted by KOTYKB
Do you guys mind posting pictures of how they look at night? I bought a set of these LED's for my Audi fog lights which are 6000k, I was hoping for 5000k for my 964 and I wonder if the fan will fit in the housing. After the holidays I'll order a set and see if they work if I can't find a set of 5000k.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BCUQUTQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1

These are interesting to me, but Im only going to focus on the one that seems the best reviewed, the LED Import USA one. Cree is an American company, a very reputable LED manufacturer, and subsequently one of the most counterfeited LEDs; especially coming out of Asia.

On Cree's product information manuals, they even show exactly how their products should be appear when packaged. With packaging tray dimensions down to +-0.13". See the last pages of the PDF Data Sheet here http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-a...MTG2-EasyWhite or this other manual http://www.cree.com/LED-Components-a.../XLamp-CXA3070 But unless youre inspecting the manufacturer's production facility, that doesnt really do much good.

Im confused and concerned as to how the manufacturer's name is "LED Import USA" when Cree is an American company. Are the LEDs imported to the USA from the USA? Also the broken English in the descriptions on the two Amazon pages, and on LED Import USA's website make me uneasy. Critically though, the manufacturer (LED Import USA) lights claims to use the MT-G2s, and that they are 6000k headlights. To my knowledge, Cree doesnt produce a 6000k MT-G2s. Also these LEDs cost between $11-18 each depending on the variety and bulk discount. If theres four of them, youre looking at $44-72 in just LED COBs going into this product, and the product only costs $69.99! The drivers are probably another $10-20, but that doesnt include anything else that goes into making these. The soldering job from the pictures on just the wire leads looks horrible, and might be why on LED Import USA's website, they added a metal cover to hide it.

I dont own either of these, and the one from LED Import USA seems well reviewed by buyers, but I am extremely skeptical as to their claims regarding the actual parts used. I probably wont go near the LED Import USA one, but I definitely wont be anywhere near the other one, the CHTOOLIGHT.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:52 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dhc905
^^ You're running H4's not H5's?
My car previously upgraded to H4's, the install of the LED lights took me about 10 min
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

weird your pics aren't loading for me....
Old 01-05-2017, 01:57 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Spyerx
weird your pics aren't loading for me....
Can anybody else see them? I'm using google photos and they should be public.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Streetdaddy
Rennlist Member

No...I can't see them either. When using the LEDs is there still an advantage of the h4 over the H fives?
Old 01-05-2017, 10:37 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Streetdaddy - I'm not sure if there is an advantage of H4 vs H5's but since the housing accepts a H4 bulb, it makes sense to use that.

I'm using google photos as of recently, I think think the folder was private and now I moved them to a public folder, can somebody verify they're visible now?

Quick Reply: 964 headlights upgrade options at present