Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

Had wrong type file - Pics -
Attached Images      
Old 06-21-2016, 03:34 PM
porsche mania
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice set up on the car! Ive been looking for some lighter weight track wheels, how do you like the oz? Just out of curiosity what weight springs do you use on the car and is it purely a track car? Some info/pics of the 935 style cross brace would be great as well! Sorry for the grilling but your car and mine look like they've gone down the same road!
Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I have been running the OZ's for several years now and very satisfied with the wheels. 8x18 front, 18x9 rear. Want to go 1 each wider front and rear. Run NT01's which I really like. Bounce on MCS with remote cans. Use 350 front and 500 rear for springs, good for DE, not AX. I made the cross brace set with aircraft grade aluminum. Will post pictures probably tomorrow after work. I have posted a few pics on my car on sight. It was a Cab, now has fiberglass top with lexan Windows. Car is down to a little under 2700 with 295 at rear wheels. Installed a Varioram that really changed the torque window.
Car is really a play toy that I enjoy working on and driving. Use it for DE's and AX as well as a weekend driver. Will be more than glad to answer any questions or send pics.
You can probably do a search for my post to see a little more.
Old 06-23-2016, 04:01 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,124 Posts

Erp makes a top plate that moves the top mount back to allow more more agressive camber settings. Stock u will hit the front wheel well pretty easy at optimal caster with wide tires and agressive camber.

He made these for racers back in the day....
Old 02-26-2018, 06:09 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 166 Likes on 83 Posts

any news here?
i recently installed a manual steering rack and dialed out DIY wheel adjustment (strings and camber gauge) which is working very well. Due to a missing second person who`s holding the steering when turn it, i did not meassure my caster.
Now, the manuall rack is fine, i dialed in 2.6° and 2.1° camber v/r and toe 0 f and 25' toe in rear.
Car handels realy nice, but the steering effort is huge...

before i started with my alignment, i set the camber and caster settings of my 993RS topmounts to full max and used the adjustment at the coils for camber settings...

The 993RS topmounts have a diagonal adjustment movement... that means: increasing camber increases also caster (moves the top-coil position backwards). Over all, i guess i have moved the position round about 1 cm backwards... tranfered to the mentioned 1.4° caster increasement for 1/8 inch movement backwards, i should have achieved an increased caster of additional 2°.

Does somebody know, how much an increasement of steering effort with increasing caster from 4 up to 6 degrees should be?!

Should it be worth to try a new alignemnt (same toe and camber values) with reduced (to the minimum) caster?!

Quick Reply: Caster - more desired- HOW??