Sponsored by:

Oil Pipe Identification Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 07:36 AM
Evil Bunny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Pipe Identification Please

Could anyone confirm what item number on the PET the oil pipe in the picture is?

It is the rigid pipe that runs through the rear wheel arch.

Second question would be around a replacement, has anyone fitted, a stainless steel equivalent? - I hate corrosion!

Thanks
Attached Images   
Old 04-21-2016, 07:45 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

That's #24 on the PET drawing.

And are you sure you have corrosion and not paint failure? Many of these oil pipes are brass.
Old 04-21-2016, 07:52 AM
Evil Bunny
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rob, many thanks for the confirmation.

You raise a good point regarding the corrosion, this warrants further investigation prior to a trip to my OPC!

I have no leaks, but was looking to be preempt any failures to avoid the potential mess and pain of being stranded!
Old 04-22-2016, 01:25 PM
deadendd9009
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Evil Bunny
Rob, many thanks for the confirmation.

You raise a good point regarding the corrosion, this warrants further investigation prior to a trip to my OPC!

I have no leaks, but was looking to be preempt any failures to avoid the potential mess and pain of being stranded!
Just make sure your rubber lines are in good shape and that connections are tight. That pipe won't give you issues.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been curious about that exact pipe. I have no leaks tho. Just looks like the paint is corroded but I want to change it just in case
Old 04-22-2016, 01:59 PM
RW964
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Oil Line I D

Hey Evil Bunny I have changed out oil lines in the past but not all of them so to keep track of what lines were done I copied this print and highlighted the oil lines replaced in red and dated at the bottom. So later when changing out more lines I can see fast what I have done. Hope this helps

Originally Posted by Evil Bunny
Could anyone confirm what item number on the PET the oil pipe in the picture is?

It is the rigid pipe that runs through the rear wheel arch.

Second question would be around a replacement, has anyone fitted, a stainless steel equivalent? - I hate corrosion!

Thanks
Old 04-22-2016, 02:53 PM
Super90
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by RW964
Hey Evil Bunny I have changed out oil lines in the past but not all of them so to keep track of what lines were done I copied this print and highlighted the oil lines replaced in red and dated at the bottom. So later when changing out more lines I can see fast what I have done. Hope this helps
I love the tight record keeping !

I just finished replacing every hose or rubber piece on that entire page of the parts catalog ! : ) I figured it's all 25 years old, so, the old girl deserved a little TLC.
Old 04-22-2016, 03:32 PM
CRG
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

here's a tip o the day ref record keeping- download the PET, go to the page you are referencing, got to the top toolbar under "tools" hit "annotate" and choose oval then circle every part in the diagram you are replacing. it won't help you with $ spent (prob a good thing) but to keep track of the parts/pieces replaced or repaired it's a groovy way to keep track of work done.

My PET is covered in red circles...
Old 04-23-2016, 08:57 AM
deadendd9009
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaRX
I've been curious about that exact pipe. I have no leaks tho. Just looks like the paint is corroded but I want to change it just in case
If corrosion is your concern, you could have it sandblasted and powdercoated, it'll be good as new and will only cost a few dollars.

Quick Reply: Oil Pipe Identification Please