Sponsored by:

Porsche Immobiliser

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Haves1979
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Porsche Immobiliser

The standard fit Porsche immobiliser (with the USB style key) on my car is getting a bit temperamental. The keys seem fine, however the socket appears to be getting worn and it some times takes a few attempts for it to work. Is the usual route to go for a repair, or just remove it? The car is getting a new alarm fitted next week anyhow so I'm unsure if to ask them to just pull the lot out when he removes the old alarm system. Any pointers appreciated, cheers.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:45 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 240 Posts

The immobiliser fitted in UK cars is a PA1000 or PA2000 type, made by Hamilton and Palmer in the UK. You could call them for tips and help. Removing it will probably involve a lot of rewiring. The guys on the 993 forum on 911UK.com could probably provide more tips.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 03-16-2016, 05:02 PM
Haves1979
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks i have spoken to Hamilton ana Palmer and it's about £50 for a new socket. However for peace of mind I've decided to just pull out the current system and immobiliser and fit a new category 1 alarm and immobiliser.

Cheers
Old 03-17-2016, 05:03 AM
time666
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Haves1979,
That's what I did, as I have a few problems with mine, just replaced alarm with a Toad ai606 alarm cat 1 which had the immobilisation built in. This seemed to get good reviews.

My auto elec did the job, and it was only in for a few hours, just a number of writing harnesses removed.

Only thing I would suggest, if like my Hamilton alarm version, I had a relay in the rear electrical box which was used to cut power to the coils, best that this cheap relay is replaced with new at the same time. I would not re use the old one.

I suffered from intermittent starting issues, after replacing dizzy cap, ignition coils, DME relay, I finally traced it to this relay. The alarm was telling the relay to switch, but the relay was old and dropped out which cut power to the ignition coils and hence about 6 months of chasing, and replacing likely parts then the £10 relay....

Quick Reply: Porsche Immobiliser