Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Wiper Relay (replacement part)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
james_marshall
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Wiper Relay (replacement part)

Might now have found the problem with my wipers starting and stopping (and then not ever stopping!!) on their own.
Swapped out relay 928.615.101.01 with my other cars relay, and it appears to be sorted.
The replacement relay number is now 993.615.101.01 - which is quite a lot from Porsche themselves.
Before I invest in another one from them, any one have an alternative suggestion for a relay there? Is there a VW one that will do the job at half the price?
Thanks!
Old 03-14-2016, 12:28 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A mk3 vw one is almost identical minus one pin. It will work, but you'll lose the intermittent. This one is half the price and should also work.

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com...98-p21061.html
Old 03-15-2016, 01:06 PM
Gregg-K
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by james_marshall
... Before I invest in another one from them, any one have an alternative suggestion for a relay there? Is there a VW one that will do the job at half the price?
Thanks!
James, it could be that there is very little wrong with your old relay module, since it would appear that the internal relay itself is working. The failure may be electrical, and you might be able to repair the module by removing the shell and re-soldering the connections on the internal circuit board.

.. Gregg

Quick Reply: Front Wiper Relay (replacement part)