RS Clubsport seats

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rob,

I've been told the "ribbing" was because TUV (or some othwer authority) approval, certainly with "ribbing" they should be less flexiple.

Sitting in them and size shouldn't be different. I've sat on both (RS & SPG) but not back to back so I'm not sure about if my information is absolutely correct, but that's my back of the pants feel of them both.

I have Sparco evo seats but I've wanted to get Recaros, I want the original RS seats (with those "ribs") and not SPGs that's why I settled for Sparcos (for now) because I haven't found RS seats yet.
Sparcos feel as good as Recaros IMO, just that I'd like original Porsche seats better.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:03 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

The main difference between the different Recaro seats besides covering and whether the ribbing of the fiberglas back is present or not, is the width of the seat: the Pole is 1" wider than the factory RS which is 1" wider than the SPG. So you may want to select what fits your butt best.

The factory SPG cloth racing seat has an embroidered Porsche patch sewn to the headrest. The identical patch is (or used to be available????) at Porsche dealers as an embroidered jacket patch. So if you want to get a factory SPG look one could go to the dealer and buy the jacket patch and sew it on yourself saving around $900-but you wouldn't have the unique alloy factory mounting kit and slides.
Old 10-03-2003, 10:26 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks cupcar for providing those numbers, I know I have them somewhere but with this only head of mine, it ain't easy...
Old 10-05-2003, 04:38 AM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

not sure about the Ribbing being less flexable - I really have no idea - i would guess that is is b/c of the technique used to make the seat (Glass fabric, resin, etc) being less stiff w/o the Ribs. Not too sure but the art of making f/g and c/f has greatly improved in the last 10 years. Either way they are both FIA approved.
The Patch was not sewn on however, rather it was embroidered into the nomex on my seats. So a Patch will look rather aftermarket.
I can post Pic's if you want..let me know.
The Seats are quite narrow ( i have a 33 waist and they are snug but not restrictive) and it seems that i have 2 different size as as well on being at least 1 inch wider than the other. I will have to measure them however.
personally i would not worry about the orignality of the seat if you are using it for the track primarly, buy what fits. I removed them b/c the shoulder belt holes did not give me as good of a fit as the Sparco Evo (the other seat i have). I like the Sparco seat better currently. Just a personal preferance at this point. As well as the fact that the seats are newer and more comfortable.
Old 10-05-2003, 11:47 AM
joey bagadonuts
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for the so-so picture quality, but I think the patch solution looks fine. This one was secured using velcro. The race seat fabric is knitted so it's perfect for those grabby velcro strips. In fact, velcro is used to keep the seat pads in place.
Old 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
9caregiver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings Guys,
The RS CS seats ARE different than the SPG. The spg has an extra bolster on each side immediately below the ear of the seat. The RS CS does not have this bump out. (See the above pics.) Also the RS CS seat is wider.

Best,

Don

Quick Reply: RS Clubsport seats