Champion Spark Plugs??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Champion Spark Plugs??

Wanted to do the tune up (valve adjustment and the such) and forgot to buy the spark plugs ahead of time ....

The only ones I find locally are Champion Platinum Spark Plugs.... any suggestions or should I wait to buy the Bosch...

If I do not go with the Champion I am going to have to wait another 3 weeks before I can adjust the valves...
Old 09-27-2003, 03:18 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I have never used Champion on a 911. Bosch or Beru are the only ones I have used. I also do not advise the use of Platinum plugs. Now I am an older person and I am not sure what these plugs are actually are but in my day Platinum meant "racing" and "high rpm" and you could not use these plugs for normal driving because they got cold and coked "instantly"up at causing you to stall. Very embarrassing when moving from traffic light to traffic light.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-27-2003, 04:55 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank you Adrian... this will then have to wait for later. I am not about to remove all the stuff to adjust the valves only to have to do it again to change the plugs later... it is so easy to do all this at the same time.

Tchau!

Quick Reply: Champion Spark Plugs??