Cabriolet hardtop questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 02:35 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Arrow Cabriolet hardtop questions

OK,

I know that there have been a number of posts to the 964 forum regarding the fabled hardtop for cabrio's. However, I have the opportunity to purchase one and have the following questions:

- I have been offered a white hardtop for £2k (can probably get this down a bit) - is this a good price? (I know how rare they are supposed to be);

- I would have to get the hardtop resprayed - anyone got any ideas how much this would cost?

- The hardtop is actually for an older 3.2 cab - is the same hardtop likely to fit a 964?

- Does anyone know how the hardtop fits? Does it require removal of the soft top, or is this simply lowered? If it involves removal of the cab top I think it may put me off.

Thanks for any help you can give,

Jeremy.
Old 09-26-2003, 04:24 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Dear Jeremy,
There are no instructions for fitting a hard top to a 964. Nobody will be able to answer your questions. Personally it is a lot of money to risk. I honestly doubt a Carrera 3.2 hardtop will fit a 964. I cannot see you installing it without removing the roof if it fits at all. The body dimensions of a 964 are different to the Carrera 3.2 as well.
The 964 Speedster has a hardtop and a manual roof but this will not fit a cab either. Speedster uses a lower windshield.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 09-27-2003, 04:54 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

OK,

I have been to look at the hard top today, and it's in pretty good knick. It has a heated rear screen, and appears to be of very good quality.

Apparently the soft top has to be removed in order to fit the roof - anyone know how easy this is to do, whether it's a DIY job, and whether any special tools needed?

Cheers,

Jeremy.
Old 09-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Jeremy,

Can't say I blame you for looking iinto this, especially with the Scottish winter approaching fast!

Remeber that if the hard top does fit, you need to work out how to power the heater reat screen.

I remember that someone on this board did have a special factory car that was green & had the hard top. If you can track him down it may help you!

Good luck!

Andy
'90 Coupe!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thinking about it, it might be Robert "Carbon Fiber" Linton!
Old 09-27-2003, 05:33 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Thanks Andy, I will try and track him down!

Jeremy.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 AM
Kismet
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy

As you are in Hampshire, why not give Dave Nunns of Southbound a ring, or better still borrow the hardtop and take it to Dave to see if he could fit it.
Old 09-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Jeremy G
Advanced

Thanks Kismet, will do.

Having done a bit of investigation the fixings for the soft top look relatively straightforward, but I would prefer to have some instructions for removing it if anyone knows where I could obtain some!

Quick Reply: Cabriolet hardtop questions