964 Restoration

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 09:45 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts
Default 964 Restoration

Hi guys.

I have been a water-cooled owner for a while but now I am thinking about adding a Air-cooled Pcar.

I have inquired about a Singer but is there any garage that you would recommend that could restore a 964 to its almost original factory state.

I am willing to ship the car anywhere in the continental US.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:06 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 567 Likes on 204 Posts

What do you mean by "almost original?" Are you planning modifications or do you want a completely stock car? And what are your plans for the car after it's been restored?

If you want a completely stock car there are still very low mileage original examples out there that sure do cost a bunch, but the price is comparable or maybe even lower than what a competent shop will charge you for a ground up restoration of a beat up car. I'd personally go that route.

If you want to restore a car Road Scholars, Automotive Associates, Paterek Brothers, Wilhoit, Canepa, and several others can do this for you. But most highly competent shops are sought after and have long wait times to get started on a project like yours.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:44 AM
FormulaRX
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

911 Designs www.nine11design.com
Old 11-11-2015, 03:36 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 643 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
If you want a completely stock car there are still very low mileage original examples out there that sure do cost a bunch, but the price is comparable or maybe even lower than what a competent shop will charge you for a ground up restoration of a beat up car. I'd personally go that route.
Absolutely correct. There is also the fact that parts suppliers have changed over the years and the new parts are not exactly the same so you can't restore to absolute originality anymore.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:53 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Not concours restorations, just modestly retouched. Clean paint, can be driven and not overheating if driven in a 100 F weather.

Thanks for your leads.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:08 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,291 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
What do you mean by "almost original?" Are you planning modifications or do you want a completely stock car? And what are your plans for the car after it's been restored?

If you want to restore a car Road Scholars, Automotive Associates, Paterek Brothers, Wilhoit, Canepa, and several others can do this for you. But most highly competent shops are sought after and have long wait times to get started on a project like yours.
I'm telling.

Pino could do this for considerably less cost and equally as nice. All depends on how far he wants to take it.
Old 11-15-2015, 10:47 AM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

I would like a singer but not sure about the 400k base price? Maybe i am just too poor for one.
Old 11-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Jjm4life
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm confused. Do you want a nice original driver, or a fully custom build hot rod?
You're describing two totally different things. You don't need to spend 500k on a singer in order to drive it in 100 weather. A car with clean paint and mechanically sound is an entirely different animal from singer or any of the other guys building cars like that.

Quick Reply: 964 Restoration