Sponsored by:

My 964 RWB - "Hollywood"

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:04 PM
esar
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ekoges
I wanted to create this thread as a place for you all to ask any questions you might have about RWB 964's.
that's the subject

thanks for your report.

any pictures with ducktail?
Old 10-22-2015, 02:21 PM
ekoges
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by esar
that's the subject

thanks for your report.

any pictures with ducktail?
I havent installed it yet, but expect pics when I do!

Thanks
Old 10-22-2015, 02:22 PM
ekoges
Instructor

Originally Posted by Netbug
I'd like to see interior pics.

It looks like a great show car and cruiser. Any plans for track?
Definite plans to track, but awaiting the motor work to do so...not a big fan of oil leak risks on track
Old 10-22-2015, 02:55 PM
esar
8th Gear

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...t-begriff.html

lots of pics, different colors, enjoy
Old 10-22-2015, 03:52 PM
Netbug
Rennlist Member

Just curious who you will be using to do the motor work? I have a few leaks since I have an early model (90) so I need to get stuff machined.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:38 PM
speednme
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Congrats on the build. Kudos for making it the way you want it. Too many nowadays are afraid to touch their precious Porsche for the sake of value. One of my attractions to the brand was the amount of aftermarket support one could find all day long. There are many tuners out there that have been chastised in the past..RWB is no different. The only gripe I find with his builds is that many have the look but no power to back it up. I'm sure many 356 purist roll their eyes at Emory Motorsport but they build some of the best looking 356's around...at least that's my opinion.

Now with all that said and done...building an equally impressive engine with enough power to back up the looks should be priority....oh and more photos!
Old 12-04-2015, 03:15 AM
ekoges
Instructor

Hey all, figured I'd give you a quick update.

The car spent the past two weeks with Joey @ Emotion Engineering going through the suspension and brakes, making the care MUCH more capable and much more fun to drive. Before, the car bounced around, the alignment was not great, and it quite honestly made me reluctant to drive it.

Now, the car feels planted, precise, comfortable and I simply cannot stop driving it. To give you an idea of what we did, we changed the spring rates on the KW Clubsports, changed all bushings from rubber to solid, completely changed the geometry with 993 Evo RS Uprights, 6 piston big a$$ Brembos, bump steers, tie rods, sway bars etc. etc. The list goes on and on....

I simply cannot put into words how much better the car is, and how fantastic of a job Joey did. This is one RWB thats meant to DRIVE.

Canyons tomorrow, track soon.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:32 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Can you provide feed back on the CAE shifter? How do like the way it shifts? Does it have a positive feel. How do you like the reverse lock out, functional or issues?
Old 12-04-2015, 05:51 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

This guy just got a Magnus Walker shout out.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,730 Likes on 1,058 Posts

Joey has the magic touch when it comes to chassis setup.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:05 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

Sounds like ekoges might have bought Cosmos99's GPW C2.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-white-c2.html

Are you going to give this one the RWB treatment too?
Old 12-06-2015, 02:12 PM
ekoges
Instructor

Originally Posted by Gus
Can you provide feed back on the CAE shifter? How do like the way it shifts? Does it have a positive feel. How do you like the reverse lock out, functional or issues?
The CAE shifter is absolutely fantastic. It's precise and ultra short. No issues thus far.

That being said if your car is mainly a street car and cruiser, I think it would be overkill.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:14 PM
ekoges
Instructor

Originally Posted by Vandit
Sounds like ekoges might have bought Cosmos99's GPW C2.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-white-c2.html

Are you going to give this one the RWB treatment too?
Hey Mr Detective - no I didn't buy Cosmos99's gpw C2. I did buy a different C2, also GPW, but not off of the forums. Staying narrow and mainly stock.

I like skinny cars too
Old 12-06-2015, 08:02 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been seeing some more pictures of your car floating around, definitely feel as though this kit is the perfect size and gives the best proportions. Kinda wish your car gets some more exposure versus other RWB builds.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,169 Posts

Originally Posted by speednme
Too many nowadays are afraid to touch their precious Porsche for the sake of value. One of my attractions to the brand was the amount of aftermarket support one could find all day long. There are many tuners out there that have been chastised in the past..RWB is no different. The only gripe I find with his builds is that many have the look but no power to back it up.

Now with all that said and done...building an equally impressive engine with enough power to back up the looks should be priority....oh and more photos!
I hate to tell you how many SC's we cut up and converted into turbo S look cars back in the day when they were still new and readily available. Most of them had stock engines but they paid to have it done. One day we will all look back and say where did all the 964's go? Sadly the survivors are being chopped up right and left for singers and RWB and less and less remain each week it seems. The fact that so few survived this long and now they are close to the point of extinction is when everyone decides to cut them up.

After owning most other Porsche's at one time or another I chose the 964 as my prefered Porsche. IMO it is the best of the air cooled 911's. I never cared what others thought as they bashed my choice. I bought them for what they offered me and the fact that they have a bit of all air cooled 911's in them. Recently we are seeing a resurgence of enthusiasts and at the same time they are being recognized as the car to modify.

If these were new I would have no issue buy one and cut it up but because of their becoming extinct I am quite upset about watching cars chopped up so they can show up long before you do. It would appear that owning this has become a status symbol especially if you drop boatloads of money to have them slammed or cosmetically altered. Part of the allure of the 964 was its riding under the radar and now everyone is trying to make them into something they are not. So when I see a build with lots of gaudy add ons and no engine work to show it can walk and talk at the same time of course I have an issue.I had no problem with Ruf building cars based on current models but to do it so late in a cars life is just a waste.

I see so many of the new M4 and M3 BMW's being chopped and modified but at least these have the engine work done first. Here is a 700 HP M4 that was just completed. It is not my taste I have no issue with it because it is a full package and is a new car not a piece of history that deserves some respect other than just something to pimp out.

My apologies to the OP. It was obviously a huge choice and something you like. I for one can't stand most of these builds especially the bolt on look flairs, this is coming from someone who loves the widebody look but it just looks like an afterthought to me.

This M4 is all the rage if you like that but this is contrary to everything the Porsche or BMW owner was all about all the years I have been around them. I guess i am sad to see the real car lover give way to the show car rage.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: My 964 RWB - "Hollywood"