Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 03:00 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FOR SALE Cashmere/Champagne Leather Seat Covers

Hello,

I'm selling a set of Champagne/Cashmere leather seat covers, made by World Upholstery www.worlduph.com about five-ish years ago. They were for a 944 turbo project that I abandoned. they have never been installed and have spent their entire lives in my hallway linen closet, so never in humidity, or in sunlight. Essentially they are brand new old stock, if you will. They now sell new for 1400.00. I bought them for 1200.00, back then.

They DO NOT FIT SPORTS SEATS! just so everyone knows up front.

I'm asking $750.00 + shipping OBO.

I will certainly consider reasonable offers. Thanks for looking!

Tentatively SOLD to Norse-Man.
Attached Images           
Old 08-17-2015, 05:20 AM
Amroth
Racer

Hold on... these will fit regular 964 seats then right? If so then I will gladly take them!
Old 08-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn it if I'm too late. They look beautiful and I'd snap them up
Old 08-17-2015, 12:36 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Norse man contacted me directly, via pm. So at this point, they are tentatively sold to him. I will make them available again if the deal falls through. Thanks!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:01 PM
Amroth
Racer

Damn, shoulda PM'ed in that case. My seats are currently the most battered part of the car. If you snagged them already Norse_man then enjoy 'cause you got a bargain!
Old 08-17-2015, 01:18 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Amroth sorry man. When i get around to installing them maybe i will send you my old ones as they are not in real bad shape but i do not think they are real leather. these just look a hell of a lot nicer and was too good a deal to pass on.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:06 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Nice full leather versions. You can buy cheaper ones that are partial leather, just the seat faces are leather, same as original. I'm very happy with mine.
Old 08-17-2015, 03:50 PM
Amroth
Racer

Originally Posted by Norse_man
Amroth sorry man. When i get around to installing them maybe i will send you my old ones as they are not in real bad shape but i do not think they are real leather. these just look a hell of a lot nicer and was too good a deal to pass on.
Sounds good I'll cover the shipping of course!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:46 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by -nick
Nice full leather versions. You can buy cheaper ones that are partial leather, just the seat faces are leather, same as original. I'm very happy with mine.
No question. The leather on these things is beautiful. It's almost a shame to install them, because then you can't feel the suede side and get the full smells. If I needed covers again, I wouldn't hesitate to get another set for World Upholstery, regardless of price. Really great work by them.

Well, they are on the way, Norse_man! Enjoy! I have hog rings and pliers for them, if you want to DIY the install, but I wouldn't. They are so nice that I'd leave them to a pro.

As an aside, I had a 944 kid ( I'm a 944 old man!) scoff and tell me he could get just as good for 300 bucks, and proceed to bash me for asking 750.00 It's a different universe over here in tail wager land. Thanks again, to all.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:40 PM
Norse_man
Racer

can't wait to feel and smell these. couldn't ask for a smoother transaction or better deal. Thanks again
Old 08-19-2015, 06:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Turns out it was even better than you think. I was misquoted by the UPS guy. One I added 800 worth of insurance, they cracked me for 61 bucks for shipping. I seriously despise UPS stores, and similar. PIRATES!

But yes, the transaction between us was outstanding! Thanks! I need a new exhaust manifold!
Old 08-19-2015, 09:09 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Originally Posted by ehall
Turns out it was even better than you think. I was misquoted by the UPS guy. One I added 800 worth of insurance, they cracked me for 61 bucks for shipping. I seriously despise UPS stores, and similar. PIRATES!

But yes, the transaction between us was outstanding! Thanks! I need a new exhaust manifold!
I'll send you the addition money for the additional shipping tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:32 PM
C4inLA
Burning Brakes

Is this the way OEM covers are made and fitted or completely different? What about power seat controls? Maybe I have sport seats, will check original invoice....
Old 08-22-2015, 02:46 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Originally Posted by C4inLA
Is this the way OEM covers are made and fitted or completely different? What about power seat controls? Maybe I have sport seats, will check original invoice....
Oem seat covers have vinyl backs. These are full leather versions. As far as seat controls you trim the leather around what ever seat controls you have when you're fitting the covers on. So it doesn't matter what controls you have or don't have. No holes are precut for seat controls.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Norse_man, did the box arrive yet? Is everything good to go?

Quick Reply: FOR SALE Cashmere/Champagne Leather Seat Covers