Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacement guage lens?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 10:01 AM
onevoice
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just went through this with mine. The lenses are plastic, with a coating. The coating will come of, but it will still look hazy. If you buy the lenses, be aware that the bezels are very hard to remove without damage. Mine has the speedo with the reset for the trip odo done with a **** that sticks through the lense. There are no glass lenses with that hole, so they must be replaced with plastic. Yours has the other gauges, so you might be able to get glass. Palo Alto speedo did mine, its's not cheap, but they did a great job and were quicker turnaround than Hollywood, which also has a great reputation.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:41 PM
Lancelakewood
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I seem to have contaminated the lens on two in the cluster. Wondering if it was Infinite Use Detail Juice I used a couple weeks ago. So, how do I polish these? Take out the cluster, dissemble and polish like as in a kit for headlight lens? So looks like my post was edited way down. I asked how do you clean these safely. I posted pictures of the problem. I posted a picture of the dash asking where would one start to pull all this as the unit appears to cross the entire dash of the car.

Last edited by Lancelakewood; 07-16-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2019, 07:56 PM
RyanH.
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 160 Posts

You have to take out the gauge, disconnect the wires and then remove the bezel. They make a tool for removing the bezel which will undo the part that wraps around the plastic lip holding it in place. Once you've done that, you can get to the plastic lens. Remove the coating on each side and then clear plastic polish *should* work. I ended up just measuring the diameter and bought replacement acrylic discs on Amazon.

Quick Reply: replacement guage lens?