Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proper Introduction - New 964 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 12:26 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! Needs some TLC but you have a list and are on your way to repairing them. Don't forget that bumper smile.

Enjoy!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:46 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The 964 is my sixth and by far the most fun Porsche I've owned. Welcome to the party.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Porschenut_Lee
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The party has definitely started. Any of you guys ever tried to replace the driver side hood hinge? That is a 6 beer project. It's kind of like those mind games with odd shaped linked pieces of metal that need to be manipulated just the right way to get apart. I wrestled with the old hinge for about an hour until I figured out the trick. Then the new one went right back in. I should have taken pictures but it was an after work project and a race against time to beat the dark and the cold.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:29 AM
jimonycricket
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschenut_Lee
The party has definitely started. Any of you guys ever tried to replace the driver side hood hinge? That is a 6 beer project. It's kind of like those mind games with odd shaped linked pieces of metal that need to be manipulated just the right way to get apart. I wrestled with the old hinge for about an hour until I figured out the trick. Then the new one went right back in. I should have taken pictures but it was an after work project and a race against time to beat the dark and the cold.
yeah I replaced both a couple months ago, and you really have to fight the old shocks to get them out. I thought I was going to break something

Quick Reply: Proper Introduction - New 964 Owner