Help Needed after accident

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 04:44 AM
xdecock
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed after accident

Hi All,

Sorry for being such a small poster, but, i'll probably need a good address to save a 964, my targa had his bunch of issue, but hey, they grow on you, however, the 5th february was The Bad day, first a rear ended in standing traffic, the X1 behind being left to move when the driver stopped using his brake.

The second, problem was one hour later. A superb Subaru impreza doing a U-turn in front of my car and simply appearing from behind a bush.

The crash was quite impressive, and we're basically waiting for the insurances to step in, my first move was to send the car to the OPC, however, the expert strongly suggested to put the car in a smaller garage to give her max chances to be saved.

The front end is probably slightly bent (the car moved the impreza almost entirely with the left wing). The most tricky part is the C4 they fear big mechanical work on those parts.

So the question is for the belgians : do you know of a small shop where it can be fixed without risking economical loss?

Once this is done, she'll move as a "sunday drive" (maybe otherdays of the week, but, more a leisure car).

My new daily is waiting for papers to be in order to hit the road, so i can take my time to get her back on the road.
Attached Images  
Old 02-17-2015, 10:12 AM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 428 Likes on 278 Posts

Doesn't look too bad. If you don't have a strut brace, maybe you didn't push both sides of the front. Sorry you had to go through this. I have no suggestions for Belgium, but good luck with the repairs....post some pics along the way when you get it on the jig!

Glad you were ok.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:21 AM
xdecock
Advanced

Yeah, no big issue, lost a day for the cop to take measures (the other car did a 90° tilt on hit (then touched the back of mine, and finished his course in a light pillar) so, needed medical attention.

I'll change my safety belts, but i'll definitively need a guy who wants as much as myself to save the car, otherwise, the insurances are allready looking on selling it for parts
Old 02-17-2015, 10:22 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,404 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Call Gert at Carnewal for a recommendation.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:49 AM
GazC2
Burning Brakes

Not sure about Belgium however my friend had is RS restored here

http://www.speedservice.nl/?page_id=1464
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 AM
xdecock
Advanced

Hi,

Thanks all for the recommendations, i'm checking all options for now, but as it will be 2 or 3 insurances claims, not sure crossing borders is a good idea

And I altough i'm sure keeping it as a pleasure car is the best option, i'm quite sure the megane rs won't be as fun.
Old 02-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

Doesn't look too bad, glad you're OK.
I would expect, with the increasing value of the 964, that it can be saved under insurance cover.

Don't settle too easy and refrain from signing papers until you slept on it. Insurances like to close things quickly and will low ball... even in Belgium.

Good luck with sorting this out.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:08 PM
NineMeister
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Relatively easy repair from what I can see. Where are you located?
Old 02-17-2015, 01:19 PM
xdecock
Advanced

Brussels car is currently at porsche center drogenbos.

Ps : thx for your reply colin means a lot, dreaming of sending the car to your shop for the engine part (been lurking on your posts).

i'll try to get more pics, the full front bumper section with subcomponents is probably out. The front left wing is obviously dead not sure front frame is still straight but wheels weren't hit so i suspect no mechanical damages.

Right side is spared i only finished stopping in the honda only bumping on the bumper and unclipping a wheel protection
Old 02-17-2015, 01:24 PM
Hem
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a white front bumper cover in decent shape with a few nicks and bruises you can have...although shipping might be a little spendy...ha!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:40 PM
xdecock
Advanced

Yeah from idaho it might be a bit costly.

But thanks for the tought, i'll keep you posted on the progress.

Xavier.

Quick Reply: Help Needed after accident