Sponsored by:

VEMS install

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 01:23 PM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
Folks, I am doing a major clean up on this thread. Delete all Loren's posts and those that quoted him. Loren, be advised that further kibitzing in this thread will result in further deletions and suspension of posting privileges.

From what I am seeing the majority of your posts are self promoting and or denigrating others. Continue and you are gone.

Regards,
Maybe we can start a new thread that only contains LorenFb's Posts

Sorry
Old 02-09-2015, 01:27 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Drop the off line nonsense - if you are not on topic don't post.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:51 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Can someone send me or post information on the DIODE used on the idle control valve connection wiring. I need to install. Thanks
Old 02-10-2015, 10:45 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The diode Peep advised to use was a general purpose one from the VEMS rescue kit model 1n4007

Picture of install here: https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...l#post11897742
Old 02-10-2015, 10:51 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Thanks for diode info -
What other bits of kit were in the VEMs Rescue Kit - as I am/was not knowledgeable of the kit.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:02 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Gus
Thanks for diode info -
What other bits of kit were in the VEMs Rescue Kit - as I am/was not knowledgeable of the kit.
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?pa...ee%2FRescueKit

Basically it provides a number of components that may be used in configuration/population of a new board or replacement for parts commonly damaged during diy installation and setup.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:04 AM
964TT
Pro

Received 59 Likes on 28 Posts

A befriended mechanic is doing a VEMS install on a n.a. 3.6 with LW flywheel and larger modern injectors (and another throttle system, I can't recall what its called).
Anyway, everything works great except for really slow driving!
When in first or second driving at 10-20km/h the car starts making hic-ups. Tried to change everything now, he just can't get it right.
Is this a common thing with a known solution?

So even with the throttle in one single position (seeing the percentage on the PC) suddenly the rpm starts going up and down.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:37 AM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 964TT
A befriended mechanic is doing a VEMS install on a n.a. 3.6 with LW flywheel and larger modern injectors (and another throttle system, I can't recall what its called).
Anyway, everything works great except for really slow driving!
When in first or second driving at 10-20km/h the car starts making hic-ups. Tried to change everything now, he just can't get it right.
Is this a common thing with a known solution?

So even with the throttle in one single position (seeing the percentage on the PC) suddenly the rpm starts going up and down.
My car had this on the motronic tune I am running. Surging or bucking when allowing the car to pull itself along at crawling speed with throttle closed or slightly open. The motronic tune was based on one written for a DMFW and my early car has a midweight flywheel setup and the quicker response of the lighter flywheel manifested the issue. The solution was to reduce/smooth ignition advance at low load/rpm.
Old 02-22-2015, 06:46 AM
964TT
Pro

Default VEMS install

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure he did this though.
Awkwardly, my own 964 bi-turbo had the same problem on VEMS but it has been reduced significantly. I think with the method you describe above. I have a GT3 FW though, not RS. No idea how much different that is.
Any other solutions? You would think VEMS being much quicker in response would deal easily with the LW RS flywheel.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 AM
rollingjack
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GT3 flywheel vs 964 RS, difference in weight can be about 2,8lbs -1,2 kg
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-e...ml#post5628126

I use RS LW flywheel and bigger injectors with VEMS. No issues by low speed driving. And no stalling by stop.
Old 02-22-2015, 12:51 PM
Raceboy
Three Wheelin'

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

964TT, Pieter talked to me about some 964 with wilder cams than stock that had some issues with low speed jerking. Would that be your car?

Anyway, I advised him to use slightly richer mixture and play with advance, dunno if that helped.
Old 02-22-2015, 03:03 PM
964TT
Pro

Originally Posted by rollingjack

I use RS LW flywheel and bigger injectors with VEMS. No issues by low speed driving. And no stalling by stop.
Okay, thanks. My car has the GT3 fw, with two turbos, GT2 cams and larger injectors. Actually we just changed the injectors again for the E85 conversion which is happening this week. Flex fuel, so I'll be running both 98 and E85.

Originally Posted by Raceboy
964TT, Pieter talked to me about some 964 with wilder cams than stock that had some issues with low speed jerking. Would that be your car?

Anyway, I advised him to use slightly richer mixture and play with advance, dunno if that helped.
It's not my car but another car, but you're right, it has larger injectors, stage 1 Schrick cams and an RS fw. For some reason he keeps having issues with that one. We'll see what happens with mine when I pick it up end of the week.
As I said, I had it too but *mostly* got rid of it.
I drive my car a lot through Amsterdam as well and we have bridges and speed bumps so lots of slow driving...
Old 02-24-2015, 04:22 PM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Rolling jack
I am running light weight FW and larger (36lb) injectors. Would you share your VE table and timing table with me .
I have a significant stall issue on coming down to a stop and and after a throttle blip. Difficult to get to idle below 1000rpm . Want to see what you have done. Also what PID setting are you at and what numbers are in your idle enrichment curve table.
Greatly appreciate
Originally Posted by rollingjack

Old 02-24-2015, 06:13 PM
Oxbow
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
i have the same troubles with orginal engine and injecors on IDLE after a throttle blip, the IDLE goes down

Oxbow

I have a significant stall issue on coming down to a stop and and after a throttle blip. Difficult to get to idle below 1000rpm . Want to see what you have done. Also what PID setting are you at and what numbers are in your idle enrichment curve table.
Greatly appreciate
Old 02-26-2015, 03:29 PM
rollingjack
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gus
Rolling jack
I am running light weight FW and larger (36lb) injectors. Would you share your VE table and timing table with me .
Greatly appreciate
Hi Gus, here are my settings from last autumn. Software is 1.2.11
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: VEMS install