Sponsored by:

Car Shows.How do they judge?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:53 AM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Car Shows.How do they judge?

So I attended my first PCA event yesterday morning. The Concourse de Hooters or something. When I pulled in 10 minutes before the thing was to begin there were maybe 5 or 6 cars and a guy with a clipboard. He asked if I was entering my car and I said no. I just picked it up from the shop from getting a new blower motor the night before so I hadn't even washed it. He said I should anyway and I thought what the heck it's only 20 bucks so I entered. The Porsches kept rolling in until there were 50 cars or more. When my car was judged they said I had a dirty motor and was missing some stickers in the engine compartment and no motor mat. Now I'm wondering how to best keep the motor presentable. This is a daily driver not a show car but I try to keep it up. How do they judge? Mine is the Midnight Blue one in the pics.
Attached Images    
Old 12-14-2014, 03:06 PM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

Note : your car will never win with that ride height !
Old 12-14-2014, 04:42 PM
NoSub Dan
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear you, I'm just afraid of losing too much ride comfort. Everything I've read says you feel the road more and the handling is better but the ride is also rougher. Plus it's a lot of expense for just a couple of inches. And I'll say it, "That's what she said!" Ha!

Quick Reply: Car Shows.How do they judge?