Sponsored by:

started rebuilding

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 01:43 PM
ray stobbs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default started rebuilding

well its been a busy week collecting parts and chaseing head stud s long story but this morning after the frost had gone a started rebuilding and have to say the only thing a have struggled with is those stupid c clips on the gouden pins so new rings on pistons barrels and heads on and tomorrow cam houseings head work is spot on although the out sides have only been in a parts washer so not as shinney as i wanted hay ho the fan and covers are powerder coated and came out ok i have been doing the dissy at night changed belt and clean more tomorrow
Attached Images     
Old 12-13-2014, 02:05 PM
vagluv
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, its been a busy week collecting parts, and chasing head studs. Long story, but this morning, after the frost had gone, I started rebuilding. Have to say the only thing I have struggled with is those stupid c clips on the gouden pins. So, new rings on piston barrels and heads on, and tomorrow cam housings. Head work is spot on, although the out sides have only been in a parts washer, so not as shiny as i wanted. Hey ho the fan and covers are powder coated and came out ok. I have been doing the dissy at night; changed belt and clean more tomorrow.
Old 12-13-2014, 07:31 PM
ras62
Burning Brakes

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Good job Ray. Have you done the through bolt o rings? Better done before putting the thing back together.
Old 12-13-2014, 08:16 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Love it.
Yellow fan is nice touch

Wanted mine red, but comms break down made it silver
Old 12-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Ken D
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by vagluv
Well, its been a busy week collecting parts, and chasing head studs. Long story, but this morning, after the frost had gone, I started rebuilding. Have to say the only thing I have struggled with is those stupid c clips on the gouden pins. So, new rings on piston barrels and heads on, and tomorrow cam housings. Head work is spot on, although the out sides have only been in a parts washer, so not as shiny as i wanted. Hey ho the fan and covers are powder coated and came out ok. I have been doing the dissy at night; changed belt and clean more tomorrow.
Lol. Punctuation comes free of charge.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:13 AM
ray stobbs
Racer

hi rob no not touched the crank case this is being done on a very tight budget and if I had the money I would have had someone do it for me the head work alone was over 860 with all new valves and guides that included six packs of rings trying to do it for 2.5 k but the tin wear was shot so has been replaced if it has to come out again a least I know how to

lol wear supposed to be friends on this site if you want to take the pxxx meet face to face o I forgot you shoot friends in the back
Old 12-14-2014, 06:27 PM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

Originally Posted by ras62
Good job Ray. Have you done the through bolt o rings? Better done before putting the thing back together.
+1,

It would be a shame if they are leaking (good chance they are), just replace one at a time no need to split the case and would not cost much at all just the cost of the o rings and about an hours labour.

Quick Reply: started rebuilding