Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://restoration.porsche.co.uk/
Old 11-30-2014, 04:28 AM
Jcx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
What's the Porsche GB restoration project about? Seen a few 3.2 done up but never a 964.

Has any private buyer or seller paid/received much over £30k for 80k+ 964 in good standard state since early summer?
You tell us? Your slate grey car was up for £35k IIRC in August. I'd be very surprised if RPM gave you much more than a service off the price.
Old 11-30-2014, 08:53 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
is the UK market not overpriced like the U.S and Canada?
As a silly example, car sales in the UK are quite seasonal. I understand it rains perhaps once a year in California…

Whilst values may be similar, there are lots of other factors that will naturally be different from country to country/ market to market.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:45 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Has any private buyer or seller paid/received much over £30k for 80k+ 964 in good standard state since early summer?
Originally Posted by Jcx
You tell us? Your slate grey car was up for £35k IIRC in August. I'd be very surprised if RPM gave you much more than a service off the price.
That's the problem when you buy a car on the same day its listed.

Are you suggesting "private" sellers can expect the same money as dealers? I was going on the assumption that at best a private seller would get 10-15% less than dealer sticker prices as OP was interested in what he can get for it & not what a dealer can sell it for.
Old 11-30-2014, 09:53 AM
Jcx
Instructor

That's the problem when you buy a car on the same day its listed.

Are you suggesting "private" sellers can expect the same money as dealers? I was going on the assumption that at best a private seller would get 10-15% less than dealer sticker prices as OP was interested in what he can get for it & not what a dealer can sell it for.
Oh i see what you meant. I was answering the part of the question that said 'has any private buyer paid much over...'
Old 11-30-2014, 09:55 AM
hot66
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, me

I bought this last month from a private seller in Germany .... After a long search and looking at a lot of cars ( and yes I did specifically want LHD )

1993 964 C2 , manual , LHD , 85k miles

Old 11-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jcx
Oh i see what you meant. I was answering the part of the question that said 'has any private buyer paid much over...'
Sorry you are right I didn't word it correctly - I meant has anyone purchased from a private seller or has a private seller sold ...... emphasis being on "private transaction".

Originally Posted by hot66
Yes, me

I bought this last month from a private seller in Germany .... After a long search and looking at a lot of cars ( and yes I did specifically want LHD )

I considered LHD too so had a brief look at the German market but prices seemed higher than UK - was that also your experience? I suspect post 92 prices to be higher than our run of the mill 90 too.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Jcx
Instructor

Sorry you are right I didn't word it correctly - I meant has anyone purchased from a private seller or has a private seller sold ...... emphasis being on "private transaction".

I considered LHD too so had a brief look at the German market but prices seemed higher than UK - was that also your experience? I suspect post 92 prices to be higher than our run of the mill 90 too.
No worries friend... I have a very prosaic view on 'the market' as far as I am concerned. If I would pay a number it is worth that number to me. What anyone else would pay is irrelevant to me as a buyer. I suspect other folks are similar if honest. Value is like beauty... It is all about perspective.
Old 11-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Brideyo
Racer

Yes, me

Lovely. Ive got LHD too just out of curiosity what was your reasoning ?
Old 11-30-2014, 05:38 PM
hot66
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I prefer LHD in aircooled Porsches .

I have a LHD 1973 2.4S that I've owned for a long time and over the years I've also had a 67 lhd 2.0, a RHD 993 , a Rhd 996 turbo and driven loads of other LHD / RHD Porsches

LHD for me is just a more natural and more comfortable driving position with non of the offset pedal problems the rhd has..... Bareing in mind the 911 was designed as LHD from the outset. My 993 gave me terrible knee pain in my throttle leg after only a short period .

The 996 turbo of course had non of the rhd problems of offset pedals that it's predecessors had.

My experience on buying privately in Germany was great ... But that was probo due to the seller being a good guy who had owned his 964 for over 15 years .
Old 11-30-2014, 05:57 PM
Brideyo
Racer

I prefer LHD in aircooled Porsches .

I have a LHD 1973 2.4S that I've owned for a long time and over the years I've also had a 67 lhd 2.0, a RHD 993 , a Rhd 996 turbo and driven loads of other LHD / RHD Porsches

LHD for me is just a more natural and more comfortable driving position with non of the offset pedal problems the rhd has..... Bareing in mind the 911 was designed as LHD from the outset. My 993 gave me terrible knee pain in my throttle leg after only a short period .

The 996 turbo of course had non of the rhd problems of offset pedals that it's predecessors had.

My experience on buying privately in Germany was great ... But that was probo due to the seller being a good guy who had owned his 964 for over 15 years .

Great tks looking forward to having a little LHD to go with my RHD gt3.
Hopefully Ken at 9E has it all wrapped up this week and I can collect Whooooaaaaaa!!!
Old 11-30-2014, 06:08 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BLACK-BETTY
As a silly example, car sales in the UK are quite seasonal. I understand it rains perhaps once a year in California…

Whilst values may be similar, there are lots of other factors that will naturally be different from country to country/ market to market.
Understood.
In Canada it is cold and wet. Still, 964 market is priced very high in the last year.
Right now with snow on the ground the market indeed will be slow going here in canada as transport and storage is the issue. but come spring it is back to normal in terms of high prices. Espeically with the strong U.S dollar.
Old 12-01-2014, 04:17 PM
mab
1st Gear

Default I, m int in buying a 964 and actively looking at moment please let me have more detai

Originally Posted by Lungauer
Hi all,

For reasons too long winded to go into I am thinking of selling my 964 C2 manual. What I'm not sure about is whether it's wise to do it now or wait until Spring?

Any thoughts on the matter?
int in buying I, m in the uk

Quick Reply: Sell now or wait 'til Spring? UK 964 C2