Sponsored by:

Actuator Motor for Air Temperature Mixing Flap

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Actuator Motor for Air Temperature Mixing Flap

Like me the servo unit for the air mixing temperature vents is getting a little old and not working as well as I would like.

Part #: 964-624-324-00-M44

Name:  Mixing_Chamber_Flap_964_s.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  2.9 KB

I have pulled both servos out and disassembled them. the motors appear fine and working but the printed circuit where the potentiometer contacts looks worn and with some damage and, I believe with my very limited knowledge of electrics, this could be the cause of the problems.
They are available from Pelican at just under $500 or a refurbed unit from Europe for $199 Euros. http://www.partisan-autoteile.de/epa...ellmotoren_964

Is there any way of refurbishing the printed circuit boards or does anyone have these servos in reasonable condition for sale?

Last edited by Twood; 09-06-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: added info
Old 09-07-2014, 03:40 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 250 Posts

PARTisan is offering the only way for a refurbish of these. The motor shorts due to wear, and the PCB limit switch is damaged due to the excessive current. Details here.
Used units will probably be as bad as yours.
Cheers,
Tore
Old 09-07-2014, 04:15 AM
A8KED
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts

My servos quit working completely, I also took them out and disassembled them. Like you, I found the motors were OK and the issue seemed to be with the PCB. I figured there was nothing to lose in trying to repair them.

I used a Q-Tip and some alcohol to clean the face of the PCBs and VERY carefully cleaned the little fingers that contact the PCB. Be careful with the little fingers they can be broken very easily. I reassembled and reinstalled the servos 2 years ago and have been using them since without fail!

I honestly expected this repair would not last very long so I purchased 2 spare servos from a wrecking yard and performed the same procedure on them (breaking two of the little fingers on one) and have been keeping one as a spare. So far the spare is still sitting on the shelf with my other spare parts... Give it a go you've got nothing to lose and you might save a few hundred dollars!

Kevin
Old 09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToreB
PARTisan is offering the only way for a refurbish of these. The motor shorts due to wear, and the PCB limit switch is damaged due to the excessive current. Details here.
Used units will probably be as bad as yours.
Cheers,
Tore
Tore
I am thinking this will be the way to go. I have one servo working okay but the other will open about 1/4 of the way and then stops. the motor seems okay but the other appears that the PCB is too damaged. I will contact Partisan and get more information
Originally Posted by A8KED
My servos quit working completely, I also took them out and disassembled them. Like you, I found the motors were OK and the issue seemed to be with the PCB. I figured there was nothing to lose in trying to repair them.

I used a Q-Tip and some alcohol to clean the face of the PCBs and VERY carefully cleaned the little fingers that contact the PCB. Be careful with the little fingers they can be broken very easily. I reassembled and reinstalled the servos 2 years ago and have been using them since without fail!

I honestly expected this repair would not last very long so I purchased 2 spare servos from a wrecking yard and performed the same procedure on them (breaking two of the little fingers on one) and have been keeping one as a spare. So far the spare is still sitting on the shelf with my other spare parts... Give it a go you've got nothing to lose and you might save a few hundred dollars!

Kevin
Kevin
I have pulled the servos out again and cleaned them again as per your suggestion.
As I replied to Tore one seems to be working okay but the other only opens about 1/4 distance and I feel the PCB is damaged beyond repair. I will contact Partisan as suggested by Tore and see what happens.

Are you interested in selling one of your spare servos?

Thanks for the advice
Ken

Quick Reply: Actuator Motor for Air Temperature Mixing Flap