Old 08-13-2003, 03:44 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I am sure to meet the compliance requirements that Andial delivered all Carrera Cups which were converted back to road legal for registration with the rear covers installed. I bet they were also delivered with the rear covers installed from the factory. On the various threads and posts on the subject it is clear that some of you Cup car owners removed the installed rear covers. Not that they were never fitted as has been claimed.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 08-13-2003, 10:52 AM
9caregiver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings, The 45 Cup USA cars left the factory with undertrays which were removed as part of the conversion process. The Cup cars that left the factory as a race car did not have the undertrays.

Best,

Don
Old 08-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Christer
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No undertray = more horsepower.
Old 08-13-2003, 11:15 AM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

It is true that all the so called: "Carrera Cup USA" cars had the engine undertray installed as delivered to the USA from Porsche and as finally delivered to customers for street use. They did not have them when converted to true Carrera Cup racing cars by Andial.

The confusion comes from the Carrera Cup USA designation Porsche Cars North America chose to give the cars when finally marketed as street cars.

They were not Carrera Cup racing cars, they were closer to a European Carrera RS but PCNA was not about to call them: "Carrera RS USA" and market it against the RS America.

So we have this constant confusion what is a Carrera Cup and what is a European RS and what is an RS America......and what is a Carrera Cup USA, especially since many of the Carrera Cup USA cars were converted to true Carrera Cup racing specification after delivery to owners.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:25 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Right on all points -
The undertray installed is correct for the car in street trim (which is the only trim that i feel would be acceptable at a concourse - since they were delivered that way to Andial.)
Also the USA designation is important b/c these were delivered as Road cars and not race cars.
it is debatable that they are Real CUP cars - But the delivery documents (letters, plaque, etc) all state them as Carrera Cup USA Edition.
The Spec is actually closer to RS basic spec than anything else but not exactly.
Btw - it seems that most of the cars out there were re-re-converted to race spec by their owners and thus an untouched 0 mile car should be worth more(80's+). Higher miliage cars should be in the 60's, Race cars - too many variable to price them at this point but somewhere in the middle i would imagne.
Again everything is IMHO....
the debate will continue. Hope were still on track with this thread.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 304 Likes on 210 Posts

Adrian;

I got a joke for you... I've got a set of valve guides for your car sitting on my desk with your name on them. We need to set up a office pool, as to when your going to need them, to ofset the price of the topend rebuild...
Old 08-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Dear Kevin,
Thats a nice thought. I hope though you can wait a real long time. My C4 is either going and be replaced with a RUF Turbo R or it will be converted to a RUF RCT Evo. If the conversion is the way I go I will certainly let you know if I need the valve guides.
For the record my current engine has 150,000 km, uses approximately 1 litre of oil every 7,500 km maybe a little more, is running like an ox and I do not expect to be doing an engine rebuild for a while. However even if I did I would not consider valve guide wear at say 160,000 km (100,000 miles) as being premature I would consider it normal. Also there is valve guide wear and there is excessive valve guide wear which makes the valve guides unserviceable. A key point apart from all the unanswered questions I have posed is, even if you have valve guide wear does this valve guide wear exceed the tolerances and has this wear actually caused the problem which sent the engine to the shop in the first place.
Do no thold your breath on hearing from me soon but thankyou for the pool idea because it is nice to be known in your company. Maybe you could donate the pool money to the Natalie L. Streather fund. Just send the money to John Dunkle and he can deposit it.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4
Old 08-14-2003, 12:07 PM
CarreraCup03
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

One of the CVR members has one for sale for $67K in the back of the "Challenge" magazine. There is no mention of mileage.

944turbo
Old 08-14-2003, 01:20 PM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

If you are tlaking about a Turbo R for sale, I will get mine from the factory. It is only 90 minutes up the road. However thanks for thinking of me.
Ciao,
Adrian
964C4

PS: I have mine pickerd out already I just have to get Alois RUF to let it go. The yellow test Turbo R. The one driven by Derek Bell last year.
Old 08-14-2003, 04:17 PM
JW in Texas
Three Wheelin'

993PET,
Have you seen this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2427848186

Old 08-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Cupcar#12
Addict
Rennlist Member

Speaking of cars for sale - Does anyone know of a True 0 Mile's 92 Carrera Cup USA Edition for Sale -
have a buyer who will pay the premium for a True Concourse car
Old 04-26-2018, 12:01 AM
Spirespatrick
Track Day

Imagining this car today at this price point....wow
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 AM
greens
Racer

Good Lord. 15 year necro. Absolutely has to be an all time record.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:01 AM
pu911rsr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

The market has changed a little since 2003 for all collectable Porsches - I think they are still a relative bargain given their rarity and the "story" of how they came to be. About 2-3 of these change hands/year

Phil

Quick Reply: 92' 964 Andial Cup Car Forsale Help Please