Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cat bypass + cup pipe + gutted secondary?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 363 Posts

This is a cat bypass and G pipe.
the car builder prefers it to a primary bypass as it doesn't risk splitting the secondary.

I have a spare secondary I've been planning to play with. Ideally I would like a switchable bypass in it. As of yet I haven't seen anyone blaze a trail on this with the stock muffler so I'm keen to see what you do here.
Old 02-06-2015, 05:19 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And I just found this on pelican. looks like someone else has done it. but not too much info.

Originally Posted by craig001
THis is a primary muffler bypass pipe for the Porsche 911/964 C2 & C4 1989 thru 1994, When purchased I was told that it was made for DP Kremer by a company named Shubert. Instead of being a straight bypass pipe has a small resonator chamber which cuts the noise down some as opposed to the straight through pipes like Dansk, Schnell or RUF. This would allow you to use a G-Pipe while not being too loud and lose the Secondary Muffler on the car so the neighbors would not complain. This was on my car for about four years and on trade-in the dealer wanted it stock. So I did return it to stock and am now selling off bits and peces that I can not use on my 993.

This is an easy upgrade that loses weight in the back and makes the car sound beefier.

Old 02-07-2015, 01:23 PM
Mr.Alex
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyinTomato
Mr Alex. how's it going? I need to hear your car in person again. forgot how the cat bypass + gpipe sound. perhaps first c&c in spring?
I'm good, would be better if we weren't caught in this dreadful weather pattern here. C&C sounds good.
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM
Kuchar
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I already own Cup pipe in my 964. But a few days ago i decided to replace secondary muffler with a G pipe.
So i did ...
Just after relplacing i took a ride ... and after 10 km, i came back to garage and replace G pipe with secondary muffler.
Conclusion: Cup pipe or G pipe ... Both? Forget about it. Is too loud! But sound was amazing ❤️❤️❤️
Old 02-12-2015, 05:57 PM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 617 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuchar
I already own Cup pipe in my 964. But a few days ago i decided to replace secondary muffler with a G pipe. So i did ... Just after relplacing i took a ride ... and after 10 km, i came back to garage and replace G pipe with secondary muffler. Conclusion: Cup pipe or G pipe ... Both? Forget about it. Is too loud! But sound was amazing ❤️❤️❤️
I would like to see someone make a 964 PSE with a switchable secondary - full or G pipe analog. Is there room in there to do it?

Quick Reply: cat bypass + cup pipe + gutted secondary?