Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 09:34 AM
ALEX P
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
I know I'll regret the decision since IMO they are the best looking and most comfortable seats from Porsche but from a financial standpoint, I can't justify keeping them. Their price is getting ridiculous and I was offered a substantial amount for them by someone local. The proceeds from the sale will allow me to get some Recaros and do a custom upholstery without any worries of devaluating an expensive and hard to come by OEM seat.

I never installed them in the 964, but here is a shot of a set in a 993. As-is, they sit higher than 964 seats but there is a second set of holes that you can carefully drill out to reposition the side mounts and lower the seat. As for installing, you can modify the rails slightly or get the FVD adapter.
If the Corbeaus work out silly money in the US then you could always get someone on here to ship them over if it works out cheaper. Corbeau should be able to give you box dimensions and weights for a quote.
Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

I know I'll regret the decision since IMO they are the best looking and most comfortable seats from Porsche
I agree this and that was the reason why I asked but can't arque your decision to sell them. I always though that recaro A8 is expensive seats before I saw Gt2 sets.
Old 01-14-2015, 04:20 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

finally got a reply from a one of their sales rep via email this morning (Keane) whom apologised for the contact form on the website and wasn't sure where the content was going ?
He said the reason the shipping price is not on their website (to Oz or USA) is that it varies too much, He is going to get me an indicative cost to Oz for the seats and I asked him to do the same for shipping to the USA (told him about the forum).
Old 01-14-2015, 05:06 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by ALEX P
If the Corbeaus work out silly money in the US then you could always get someone on here to ship them over if it works out cheaper. Corbeau should be able to give you box dimensions and weights for a quote.
I thought about this, we'll see.

Originally Posted by hepkat63
He said the reason the shipping price is not on their website (to Oz or USA) is that it varies too much, He is going to get me an indicative cost to Oz for the seats and I asked him to do the same for shipping to the USA (told him about the forum).
I don't have an issue with shipping since it has to get to me one way or another, but my issue is rather with the lack of motivation and inflated prices from Corbeau USA. Per the UK website, the cost for a pair of ClubSport is £300 inclusive of VAT or £250 without VAT which turns out to be ~$456 with VAT or ~$380 w/o VAT, regardless if you order the standard or the wide version. Corbeau USA quoted me $600/pair for the standard and $700/pair for the wide version. It's still cheap in the grand scheme of things but I don't get the price increase and I prefer to keep costs down since I don't know if the seats fits me. If we can order directly from Corbeau UK, that would be much better.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Just had a look and the wide version is £324 delivered to me.
Happy to ship them on to you if you ever wanted to take this route.
Don't think you can compare these to Recaro PPs, that's an entirely different price bracket.
I see the website doesn't quote weights for the Corbeau Club Sports.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:51 AM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had a look and the wide version is £324 delivered to me.
Happy to ship them on to you if you ever wanted to take this route.
Don't think you can compare these to Recaro PPs, that's an entirely different price bracket.
I see the website doesn't quote weights for the Corbeau Club Sports.
Thanks Alex, if you're serious, I might take you up on your offer. I would definitely pay you for your time.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:39 PM
LPMM
Drifting

I called Corbeau UK to get an idea on box dimensions and weight for a shipping quote, and the gentleman mentioned that they put everything together at the time of order. He encouraged me to send an email to the sales department to get pricing, dimensions and weight. However, I had already sent an email to Corbeau UK asking about the dimensions compared to a PP (narrower or wider) and they replied to get in touch with GSM Performance. The good news is that GSM Performance shows the currency in US dollars without VAT ($450.52/pair) and they mention they can arrange international shipping. They are closed right now but I sent them an email and I will follow with a call tomorrow to discuss further.

Anyone in the UK use them before? Looking to see if they are a reputable outfit. They go by either website
http://www.gsmotorsport.co.uk
http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk

Last edited by LPMM; 01-17-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 PM
ALEX P
Racer

Originally Posted by jpar
Thanks Alex, if you're serious, I might take you up on your offer. I would definitely pay you for your time.
No worries, not looking for payment - See how Laurent gets on with the shipping if if it all goes wrong drop me a PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:53 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Same here Alex, I appreciate the offer but if I don't have to bother you with all this, all the better.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:50 PM
pcarplayer
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Along with the seats is anyone considering the mounts/sliders? According to Corbeau they have a 964 specific subframe. Or would there be other solutions you've thought of?

No affiliation but i've been in contact with GSM in the UK and there shipping charges are incredibly competitive - to NZ anyway
Old 01-15-2015, 04:58 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

No worries, not looking for payment - See how Laurent gets on with the shipping if if it all goes wrong drop me a PM.
+1 on that Alex. If Keane (the sales guy that I have been emailing me) doesn't get back to me, I might do the same (but to Oz).
Old 01-15-2015, 08:26 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

I called Corbeau UK to get an idea on box dimensions and weight for a shipping quote, and the gentleman mentioned that they put everything together at the time of order. He encouraged me to send an email to the sales department to get pricing, dimensions and weight. However, I had already sent an email to Corbeau UK asking about the dimensions compared to a PP (narrower or wider) and they replied to get in touch with GSM Performance. The good news is that GSM Performance shows the currency in US dollars without VAT ($450.52/pair) and they mention they can arrange international shipping. They are closed right now but I sent them an email and I will follow with a call tomorrow to discuss further.

Anyone in the UK use them before? Looking to see if they are a reputable outfit. They go by either website
http://www.gsmotorsport.co.uk
http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk
Thanks for not giving up Laurent. I'm definitely in for a set, hopefully we get a favorable response.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:31 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jpar
Thanks for not giving up Laurent. I'm definitely in for a set, hopefully we get a favorable response.
I hope so, I'll also ask if we can get a discount in case of multiple orders.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:45 AM
LPMM
Drifting

I just spoke to Gareth at GSM Performance and asked about the fit of the ClubSport vs the Pole position, and he mentioned that the Excel version would be similar dimensions wise. I also asked about discounts for multiple orders, but his margins are so thin on the ClubSport that he cannot offer anything. Anyway, the good news is that he regularly ships to the US (or anywhere else in the world) and he has no problems doing so with the ClubSport. The bad news is that the shipping costs may be high considering the size of the box. He is looking at different options for a quote and mentioned I should have an answer later today. I'll post the results once I get them.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:04 AM
jpar
Rennlist Member

I just spoke to Gareth at GSM Performance and asked about the fit of the ClubSport vs the Pole position, and he mentioned that the Excel version would be similar dimensions wise. I also asked about discounts for multiple orders, but his margins are so thin on the ClubSport that he cannot offer anything. Anyway, the good news is that he regularly ships to the US (or anywhere else in the world) and he has no problems doing so with the ClubSport. The bad news is that the shipping costs may be high considering the size of the box. He is looking at different options for a quote and mentioned I should have an answer later today. I'll post the results once I get them.
Nice work Laurent, when you do talk to him again, if the shipping is outrageous, see if you can get dimensions and weights of the boxes. I might have another shipping option for us. thanks again

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?