Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 03:20 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any word on pricing and availability in the US yet?
Old 01-12-2015, 01:35 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Bringing this back to the top. I am selling my GT2 seats and I am looking for an alternative. I like the Recaro PPs but they are tight fitting and I wonder if they would be remain comfortable on lengthy drives after being locked in one position. I like the period correct look of the Corbeau Club Sport, the fact that you can get them slightly wider, and obviously their pricing. So for any of you UK folks, has anyone tried these seats yet? How do they compare with the PPs? I know that they are not available States side yet but I hope I can find a way to get them shipped if I decide to go with them.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:28 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
Bringing this back to the top. I am selling my GT2 seats and I am looking for an alternative. I like the Recaro PPs but they are tight fitting and I wonder if they would be remain comfortable on lengthy drives after being locked in one position. I like the period correct look of the Corbeau Club Sport, the fact that you can get them slightly wider, and obviously their pricing. So for any of you UK folks, has anyone tried these seats yet? How do they compare with the PPs? I know that they are not available States side yet but I hope I can find a way to get them shipped if I decide to go with them.
I'm interested in them too - but getting them shipped to Oz is proving difficult. I have contacted them twice from their website, but no one has bothered to respond.
Old 01-12-2015, 10:48 PM
jpar
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hepkat63
I'm interested in them too - but getting them shipped to Oz is proving difficult. I have contacted them twice from their website, but no one has bothered to respond.
Same here, corbeau UK won't respond. I spoke to someone at corbeau USA and they tried to talk me into another model, but said they can get me a pair for about $900 shipped from the UK.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:24 AM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

I am wondering if any of our UK members can give them a call during their business hours over there and get the forum members a contact that knows how to use email?
Old 01-13-2015, 03:53 AM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by J richard
leather PP are not FIA rated either, the Leather covers aren't fire resistive construction...

Recaro PP aren't FIA certified now. Period.
As for the seats the OP linked to, well if you're struggling to get in touch when you want to purchase them, I wonder how easy/good said company will be to deal with in the event of an issue .........

As for FIA certification generally, I'd rather be sat in a seat that's been subjected to and passed crash testing to the stringent standards the FIA use, than a seat that hasn't. End of.

The Recaro Pole Position has recently failed the FIA test, read into that what you will.........
Old 01-13-2015, 06:15 AM
LM964
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 71 Posts

Back to Demon Tweeks then..!
Old 01-13-2015, 09:27 AM
ALEX P
Racer

I contacted them and got quite a quick response.

I still like these and am tempted but I do believe that you need to sit in a seat before committing to buying it.

I'll see if I can dig it out
Old 01-13-2015, 10:44 AM
jpar
Rennlist Member

I just did the "live chat" with a salesperson and they told me I have to go through corbeau USA here in the states.
Old 01-13-2015, 12:28 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 130 Posts

Recaro failed their own test and subsequently informed the FIA.

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en...fia/print.html
Old 01-13-2015, 12:40 PM
LPMM
Drifting

Originally Posted by jpar
I just did the "live chat" with a salesperson and they told me I have to go through corbeau USA here in the states.
They responded to my email but told me I had to go through Corbeau USA. Same as your experience though, the guy tried to sell me on the FX1 and reluctantly gave me a price on the ClubSport. At nearly 100% markup compared to pricing in the UK, I'll pass and just look for a set of used PPs.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Atgani
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Recaro failed their own test and subsequently informed the FIA.

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/en...fia/print.html
They did neither of those things .
Old 01-14-2015, 05:30 AM
Mikke_Possu
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by LPMM
I am selling my GT2 seats and I am looking for an alternative.
May I ask what is the reason you sell GT2 seats and did you ever installed them to 964?
Old 01-14-2015, 08:48 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Atgani
They did neither of those things .
Does that mean the Recaro press release is a lie?
Old 01-14-2015, 09:20 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mikke_Possu
May I ask what is the reason you sell GT2 seats and did you ever installed them to 964?
I know I'll regret the decision since IMO they are the best looking and most comfortable seats from Porsche but from a financial standpoint, I can't justify keeping them. Their price is getting ridiculous and I was offered a substantial amount for them by someone local. The proceeds from the sale will allow me to get some Recaros and do a custom upholstery without any worries of devaluating an expensive and hard to come by OEM seat.

I never installed them in the 964, but here is a shot of a set in a 993. As-is, they sit higher than 964 seats but there is a second set of holes that you can carefully drill out to reposition the side mounts and lower the seat. As for installing, you can modify the rails slightly or get the FVD adapter.

Quick Reply: Corbeau seats, Pole Position without the cost?