Sponsored by:

Paint problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Roly Baldwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Paint problems

Some kind soul managed to put three scratches on the lower side panels of my C4 in the car park recently.

As I examined the damage I noticed tiny (1-2mm) bubbles on the very bottoms of the doors. The rust is coming up from the inside (as it does) and isn't down to stone-chip or other external damage.

Is this another 'feature' of our lovely cars or is it just some dodgy paintwork on mine? I don't want to have to get into fixing rust throughout the car...
Old 07-29-2003, 07:21 PM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think this is only a feature of LHD spec vehicles. The rhd cars come with 'anti lower door rust bubble' option M293. This is why RHD cars are £3k-£5K more expensive........
Old 07-30-2003, 05:44 AM
Ade - C4 91
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Roly,

That's not great news. Rust is often (but not always) the result of poor workmanship with a paint repair. It's very difficult to know exactly what has happened to your car in the 10-12 year since it manufacture and perhaps someone dinged the door at some stage.

I would get it fixed earlier rather than wait - it could be just surface rust at this stage that can be easily rectified.

Ade.

Quick Reply: Paint problems