Sponsored by:

964 Rocker Panel clips & adhesive

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 03:52 PM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 964 Rocker Panel clips & adhesive

OK, so normal for a repair - it never goes down like it should.

Have to redo my left and right clips (hammerhead at tire place probablymissing the jack points) and might as well put a new rubber seal in. (I know,a ridicules price for 9"of rubber). So I buy 12 clips from Pelican with the 2 seals and I proceed to remove the panels (should have done that first). My clips are bonded in by PO and they have studs with flanged nuts on the back and my new ones have a conical 1"pin the looks a bit like a bowling pin, no threads. The ones on there look like a much better way to fasten so I am going to throw the new Pelican porsche part numbered parts to the side and bond(glue) the old clips back in, buy a couple flanged nuts and I'm done.

What have you guys used for adhesive? 3M strong auto or something else? A buddy told me JB weld. Or is it $50 a tube porsche goo?

Anyone else jack with this lately?

Thanks
Old 03-02-2014, 04:55 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure what you have in the states, but I used 'liquid nails' construction adhesive on mine and it worked a treat. Only need a small amount. It usually comes in one of those foot long tubes, but I got some in toothpaste size tube - more than enough and very strong.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:56 PM
hepkat63
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.bunnings.com.au/selleys-3...esive_p1233751
Old 03-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

The sills and shark fin use a combination of push-in clips and clips w/ studs that are retained w/ a plastic nut from behind.

Read through this thread.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ll-to-see.html
Old 03-02-2014, 09:15 PM
jellonailer
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, I see it now. The shark fin has both, the pelican site does not show the stub/nut clip and I did not buy teh red connector. To make matters more confusing the PO took a couple of the Stud clips and bonded them, so I have 4 stud/nut sets, not 2. Appreciate the help.

Quick Reply: 964 Rocker Panel clips & adhesive