Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts

Love my AH Exclusives from Rotiform.
Old 02-17-2014, 06:37 PM
englishmatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

going super low is a waste of time, kw v1s are the option i would choose for what you want, there is a wave of going crazy low in 964s , its not a mk3 golf its a performance car with good amount of power and should perform as such i run v1 at rs ride height it runs mint, goin stupidly low just hinders your ability to transfer weight into corners making the engine at back a bad thing not a bonus so you hinder your ability to drive a 911 properly, the v1s allow sufficient travel, comfort and stability. If you have no intention of driving car in anger and wanna look 'cool' rotiform setup. ocasional daily use and sunday thrash about v1's, v3's are a bit overkill unless track daying
Old 02-17-2014, 09:06 PM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

Giving an opinion about a product you have no experience with is a waste of time.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:53 PM
Pkblu
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vegas993
Giving an opinion about a product you have no experience with is a waste of time.
Vegas -

Do you have any more information about the AH/Rotiform setup? It seems that every one that has them that I am aware of is very happy with them. Just curious to the difference with them in comparison to the standard H&R Street Performance kit.

At this point I plan to run the car at Euro RS height, maybe 5mm lower.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Vegas993
Rennlist Member

They are quite a bit different than the street performance kit. They are much shorter internally to start with and they use a linear H&R Race Spring rather than a progressive rate street spring so they are more firm. At the ride height your looking for, I think the KW V3 Ultralow is probably a better option, you won't be on the bump stops at that ride height and you can adjust the firmness to dial it in and prevent bottoming out.

All the cars running the H&R's are running much lower than what you're looking for, mine is probably the highest one. But you're right, of the 6 or so 964's I know of that have them here in the States, we all love them.
Old 02-18-2014, 11:25 AM
m_a_saunders
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Many moons ago I installed H&R coil overs in my 1991 C4 and the suspension was set at European RS height. I'm very happy with this set up but will probably experiment with the Bilstein PSS10 set up next time. A number of European tuners have recommended the Bilsteins.
Cheers, Mark
Old 02-18-2014, 05:53 PM
englishmatt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vegas993
iwas making a opinion on general car handling characteristics not the product
Old 02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The B16's got my vote, very happy with them. Set on 5 they are brilliant for road use especially on the twisties.

My only reservation would be that the tubes could have been stainless, they need wax protection.

Cheers,
paul
Old 02-18-2014, 08:33 PM
dsan
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Pkblu
Yes, another suspension post.

Need to replace the tired suspension set up currently on my 90 (1989 build year) C4. The car will probably never be track driven, and is not a daily driver. I am looking to be at Euro RS ride height, or close to it.

So I have narrowed it down to the AH Exclusive/Rotiform H&R Coilovers and the KW V3's. It looks like currently the Rotiform H&Rs are around $2500, while the best price I have seen for the KW V3's are $3200.

Whats everyone's opinion?
I was under the thinking that PSS10's wouldn't fit an early build 964.
Thanks for all the feedback.

Adding KW V1's and H&R Street Performance to the list now too. Any recommendations where to purchase any of these?

I also saw over the weekend that Milestone 71 has a KW V1 ultra low, anyone have any experience with these?
Currently narrowed it down to KW V1 specifically for an early C4, or the AH/Rotiform H&R's. The KW's are approximately $200 less than the AH/Rotiform H&R's.

Thoughts? Votes?
Vegas -

Do you have any more information about the AH/Rotiform setup? It seems that every one that has them that I am aware of is very happy with them. Just curious to the difference with them in comparison to the standard H&R Street Performance kit.

At this point I plan to run the car at Euro RS height, maybe 5mm lower.

Originally Posted by englishmatt
iwas making a opinion on general car handling characteristics not the product
I'm sorry, I missed where the OP was asking about general car handling and not the product. Sounds like the OP was doing just the opposite. Don't like low cars, no problem, start another thread bashing them. Just doesn't seem proper to vent in this thread when the OP is asking nothing of the sort. $.02

Quick Reply: Suspension decision opinion?