Sponsored by:

Walter's PSS10 clicks

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 02:00 PM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by koenig_roland
well, he`s a customer of my mechanic with his cars. I don`t know what suspension is in his 964RS, but my mechanic loves - and always recommends - bilstein stuff and dislikes kw.
For pure street driving bilstein pss-stuff should be quite perfect. For some more or harder usage, the street coils are far to soft with its spring-rates. Even if you "close" the clicks on the damper, the spring is still so soft and you drive on the oil-cushion...

I`ll also remove the h&r sways and switch back to the 90-C2 setup and not to the orig. C4 setup with 18mm in the rear. I`ll also use rubber top-mounts an no monoballs...

regards thilo
I have stock PSS10 with Rennline top mounts front & rear, OEM RS anti-roll (sway) bars and Elephant Racing RS spec bushes f+r, Wevo's, Rothsport custom reinforced rear carrier etc. Love it.

I doubt I'll ever want stiffer springs as my C2 is driven on the road & has been significantly "de-contented" to almost RSL weight

Should I ever feel the need for stiffer springs, I'll do what our Rennlist friend Provoste did and have Bilstein uprate them.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:03 PM
geordie
Pro

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Adding that to my signature...
Tom, you beat me to it!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:26 PM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by geordie
I have stock PSS10 with Rennline top mounts front & rear, OEM RS anti-roll (sway) bars and Elephant Racing RS spec bushes f+r, Wevo's, Rothsport custom reinforced rear carrier etc. Love it.

I doubt I'll ever want stiffer springs as my C2 is driven on the road & has been significantly "de-contented" to almost RSL weight

Should I ever feel the need for stiffer springs, I'll do what our Rennlist friend Provoste did and have Bilstein uprate them.
no problem for me :-)

In germany, the pss-stuff costs roughly 2,5k€ w/o top-mounts.
cup-/rs dampers round about 1,2k€, new RS-springs 450,-€
So i`m 1k€ in front of the pss-solution. I was thinking about kw-clubsport coils and got a recommendation from a ring-running (VLN) motorsport company, but that coils were round about 3k€ (with top mounts) and are nearly the same spring-rate/spring-rate ratio combination as the rs-springs are....
Old 01-17-2014, 04:57 PM
provoste
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by geordie

Indeed, your 200lb+ weight loss surely helps, I haven't weighed the 964 recently since loosing heavy OE cup wheels in favor of lighter Kinesis, ditching the rear blower, passenger airbag, and throwing B&B headers in favor of the factory exhaust. Prior to those changes I was at 2905. So I'm currently at 2850-ish (w/working AC and heat) with PSS10's hung on 8kg front (~450lb) and 10kg rear (~560lb). The ride is shockingly good on the street- it's firm but never harsh.... Earlier in the year I did a 2500+ mile road trip from Phoenix up to Northern CA- Fort Bragg area via Hwy 1 and back to Phoenix! Aside from the pain from seats better suited for track duty the car was super comfortable!

If memory serves me correct, I think I remember the PSS10 booklet indicating the stock rates were around. 250lb front 450lb rear.... Though I'm not 100% sure.

PS- Geordie- Your and my suspension specs sound almost identical aside from the spring rates- bushings, solid upper mounts, bars, reinforced carrier, etc!

Last edited by provoste; 01-17-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 PM
geordie
Pro

Good to know that your ride with stiffer springs is still ok on the street.

Stock PSS10 spring rates are:

Front: 250/225 (main/tender)
Rear : 400/685 (main/tender)

(Info courtesy of Steve Weiner @ Rennsport Systems)

Quick Reply: Walter's PSS10 clicks