Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Shrek - Cold Shower - Rant

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:37 PM
PasPar2
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

my only inspection in NJ, I was asked to honk, put the wipers on, light on, then honk again bc the inspector forgot to note that it worked 23 seconds earlier. that was it. like my dad always says (queue heavy accent) "I love America"
Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

OK, cooled down.
Lemme expand:
While I do not believe in strict rules, I follow them or I change them. As I can not change them, I try to follow them.

Where I take exception is when someone hides behind a computer screen and tells me that *my car* was not equipped with sport seats, wide angle glass and RS bumper center when new, ergo it is illegal. All along knowing very well that the 964s having those options from new are the exact same construction, therefore mine is not endangering anyone by having that equipment. Zero latitude in self-processed thought.

I was ready to refit the original brakes, raise it even more, but not to be hassled for...door mirror glasses, (964 original) steering wheel diameter or interior color.

And it is not going to be simpler. And I guess I must be grateful that it passed. Still going to sell it. And get one where they have little or no specific info.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:01 AM
STUARTQ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately George, you are correct! Whilst I love living here, there are some things that I just can't fathom out, that you just wouldn't have to deal with in the UK.
Having said that, commercial vehicles are inspected in the UK by ministerial test centres and they have the same issues we do and it can sometimes be down to an individuals interpretation of the regulation. For years a vehicle passes its test, then the guy who inspected it for the last 3 years is off Sick and another guy does the inspection and falls it because the fog light is in the wrong place, Even through its passed like that for the Last 3 years.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:03 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This is one of my biggest gripes about the EU in general. So many stupid rules - and many for no reason. Another chapter in the "Nanny State" chronicles I guess.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:53 AM
robt964
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
This is one of my biggest gripes about the EU in general. So many stupid rules - and many for no reason. Another chapter in the "Nanny State" chronicles I guess.
I could fill an entire forum with my list.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
Henrik964
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

EU and stupid rulles +1
Old 01-10-2014, 06:23 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

WOW I am now going to stop bitching about having to take my car in to have the emissions tested.

We do not have any safety testing period.

And by Dec of 2014 there will be no emissions testing too.

I LOVE CANADA.

You know even though we don't have any safety testing you don't hear of accidents being caused by mechanical defects very often if at all.

The VAST majority of the accidents here are caused by drivers.

Last edited by canuck964; 01-10-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:00 PM
Brian 96C2
Pro

Well George, good to learn your C4 passed after all those silly objections. As mentioned by another member, we have no inspections what so ever herein Indiana. If we could have a few mountains like you have I could accept a few inspections.
Old 01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
hamah
Pro

Originally Posted by canuck964
WOW I am now going to stop bitching about having to take my car in to have the emissions tested.

We do not have any safety testing period.

And by Dec of 2014 there will be no emissions too.

I LOVE CANADA.

You know even though we don't have any safety testing you don't hear of accidents being caused by mechanical defects very often if at all.

The VAST majority of the accidents here are caused by drivers.
Yup...I AirCare'd mine in Oct before putting it away and as I wouldn't require another AirCare until I brought it out in the spring of 2016 (I only insure it for 6 months and AirCare is good for a year) that was my last inspection...ever!

So, on to the cat and primary bypass with a drilled airbox
Old 01-10-2014, 10:50 PM
canuck964
Burning Brakes

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by hamah
Yup...I AirCare'd mine in Oct before putting it away and as I wouldn't require another AirCare until I brought it out in the spring of 2016 (I only insure it for 6 months and AirCare is good for a year) that was my last inspection...ever!

I do exactly the same thing. I always go thru AirCare just before I put my car away for winter.

At least you have a C2 and you don't have to argue with the AirCare attendants who want to direct you to the non 4 wheel drive bay because they expect all Porsche to be 2 wheel drive.

Funniest thing that I ever experienced with AirCare was when the attendant was going to fail me because he couldn't find the catalytic converter as he ran his mirror down the side of the Porsche.

I guess I was making quite the stink cause the manager came running out to see what the commotion was about. At least the manager knew where to look.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 PM
azander
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hamah

You mean spring 2014? You'll need to get it tested one last time.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:47 PM
jody stowitts
Racer

911jetta: Are you telling me that you have a " mandatory annual" inspection there??
Old 01-11-2014, 12:04 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 279 Posts

Originally Posted by jody stowitts
911jetta: Are you telling me that you have a " mandatory annual" inspection there??
Yeah. Are you asking because of the vinyl covered lights? I was worried about that too...the first time. Just so glad I don't have to hassle with emissions testing or check engine lights. I Iaughed this last time when they told me my (h5) headlights were really bright!
Old 01-11-2014, 03:04 AM
hamah
Pro

Originally Posted by azander
You mean spring 2014? You'll need to get it tested one last time.
No, I actually meant the spring of 2015 but it is still my last AirCare. My current AirCare is good until Oct 2014 at which point I put it away. Normally I'd AirCare it before doing so but not this year as AirCare ends Dec 31 2014. By the time the car comes out spring 2015 AirCare is over so this past one was my last.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Wow George. I will never gripe about my state's annual inspections again. Yours sounds much more strict! Glad to hear your car passed.

Quick Reply: Project Shrek - Cold Shower - Rant