Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your favourite 964 and why - another picture thread.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 07:37 AM
dimma man
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wheel brand name is kerscher. are 3 piece split rims
Old 06-05-2014, 10:00 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

One of the best here:

(text copied from a previous post from P1CR)

964 TT BUILD SHEET
WPOAB2960RS420201

Base Car: 1994 C2 Grand Prix White (P5P5) coupe.

Current Weight: 2760lbs with ½ tank of fuel.

Engine: ’96 993TT engine purchased complete w/wiring harness, exhaust, cats ecu, etc. Complete case split and rebuild. Reason for splitting case was to upgrade to ARP rod bolts and head studs. All fresh, bearings, lifters, rings. Everything checked. Every hose and line replaced.

Gearbox: Two wheel drive 993 6-speed (G50-21) with 60/40 LSD. Opened, inspected and freshened. Also installed Turbo half-shafts w/new CV bolts.

Sachs RS Light Weight Flywheel: With a new TO bearing, clutch, etc.

Turbo and induction Upgrade: Installed Ultimate Motorwerks Stage 1. (http://www.ultimatemotorwerks.com/) hybrid 16/24 turbos, matching ECU (’96 w/twin Intel processors) and 130mm 100 cell CATS as well as custom plenum ramp. Passes stringent California smog check. Electronic Boost Controller (“EBC”) with 3 boost programs .8bar, 1bar and 1.2bar. Engine has always been run w/100 octane fuel mixed with regular pump gas, but can run pump gas on 1 bar setting w/no problems. NOTE: Highway fuel economy is +30mpg (has on board computer) Running 1.2 bar on race fuel yields approximately 500 HP.

External Oil Cooler: Turbo S oil cooler installed in highflow area of front bumper opening. Installed brake ducts to increase airflow to A/C condenser and OE oil cooler.

Exhaust: Custom built exhaust tips straight out from 130mm 100 cell race CATS. RSR cookie cutter megaphones cut down for tips. No mufflers.

Drive Block Computer: 993 security key-fob activated door lock/security release. This is a very nice feature as it makes it impossible to steal the car unless its towed. Also keeps 99% of people from driving the car as they can't start it. Basically this is key as it makes everything work like stock.

Suspension: Upgraded w/993 Evo uprights + tie-rods to reduce bump steer and make it safe to run 18's. Installed RS/Cup sway bars. KW V3 coil overs. Specially valved based on car’s specs. Ruf front strut bar. Car has been aligned and corner balanced by Steve Alacron @ Suspension Specialties.

Drive train upgrades: Turbo CVs and 1/2 shalfs.....Also turbo engine mounts.

Brakes: Ruf 965 Turbo brakes. New front 993TT rotors (needed w/993 Evo uprights) installed and new rear rotors.

Wheels/Tires: Ruf 8.5x18s and custom made11x18s. Bridgestone RE050A tires. Wheels powder coated in proprietary black “wrinkle” finish designed by Bob Wake. (Note Bob also shot the rear lenses with a special tint so they are actually “red”)

Rear deck lid: Custom made tail built so that the intercooler will seal as designed by factory. It is a highly modified (built from scratch) duck tail that matches the contours of the rear bumper. After hard run the i/c is cool to the touch!

Front Hood: Carbon fiber from Getty Designs.

Lightweight Interior: Replaced heavy lower dash with earlier dash pad. Removed stock carpet and rear seats and sound padding (except under driver & passenger foot well). Installed RS felt carpet. Similar “felt” ala 917 used on Dash on belting on top of doors and under quarter-windows. Door panels are RS style w/map pockets in both doors as there is no glovebox. Currently has OE 964 Speedster seats with rare oe Porsche hounds tooth cloth inserts; seats also come with original black perforated leather inserts. Aluminum 8-point roll cage from Ruf. Schroth four-point electric belts installed (with oe switch on dash to manually lock) as well as onboard fire exstinguisher. Radio delete plate and all associated non-op wires removed from wiring harness. New headliner. All interior done by “Interiors by Porfi”

Gauges: 200 mph Speedo by North Hollywood Speedo. VDO boost gauge w/tell-tale. gReddy boost controller set to .8, 1.0 and 1.2 bar. Any important warning light from clock moved to other gauges!

Body: Body was built by Chris Thompson and is all steel. Chris is top restoration metal fabricator in Southern California. Specializes in aluminum. Rear quarters have been flared +2 inches. The A pillar has been shaved ala 935 and 935 aero mirrors installed. Original roof/Sunroof removed and early model (lightest weight) installed. Rear reflector panel deleted and now aluminum. Rear lower aluminum valance to hide heater pipes. Door beams cut from car. Inner aluminum bumpers “swiss cheesed” and heavy bumper shocks deleted for crush tubes. Front fenders lips rolled. Special modification to rear window to get factory lightweight 939RS glass to fit in stock 964 position. Full respray in OE GP White.

Installation: Only a few people in US who can do this 993TT installation job correctly. Installation by Lance Aspesi, master mechanic and computer programmer. Mr. Aspesi is an aircraft mechanic that specializes in Porsche engine swap projects...incredibly meticulous, super clean, etc. After seeing his work, if I was not able to retain him, I was not going to do the job.

Additional Information: Everything on this car works. Heater, wipers, lights A/C blows ice cold (’94 was on model year equipped with the upgraded 993 style much improved A/C). Car has been over its lifetime well cared for and there are stacks of documents including the original window sticker. This car has never been in an accident and is as nice underneath as it is on top. Sold originally from Pioneer Porsche in San Diego.

Car has approximately 7,500 miles on it since new engine/gearbox swap. I am the 3rd owner since it was sold at Pioneer Porsche in San Diego back 1994. This is a “94” so one of the very last of the 964 cars and last of all hand built Porsches.

TIME: Project took 3 years to complete.

Magazine Coverage

Excellence Magazine: Car appeared on cover and a seven (7) page spread in the November 2008 issue.
911&Porsche World: Car had a six (6) page spread in April 2009 issue.
GT Purely Porsche: Multiple requests to shoot car, but no jurno’s in US.
Total 911: Seven (7) page spread in Issue 60, March 2010.
European Car: Contacted me in August ’09 about doing a feature/TBA
Old 06-05-2014, 10:27 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Always loved this car! I would really like to have my fenders pulled 2 inches, sort of a mini wide body. I like the hard wheel well line more than the softer one the Turbo flairs have.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM
MartinRS2K
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dimma man
wheel brand name is kerscher. are 3 piece split rims
Thanks for that, will try to find a supplier
Old 06-05-2014, 12:00 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Because they look fast even standing still any Carrera Cup Car

But my all time Fav is this I think it Kevin's car now

Old 06-05-2014, 12:10 PM
964Lovac
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

This one here is one of my favorites, the wheels, the color. Just perfect. It is hard though, as there are quite a few that I am a huge fan of, Black Betty is one of the (C4!)

Name:  vYGvhEi.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  195.2 KB

Name:  OMDBLzO.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  160.4 KB
Old 06-05-2014, 04:43 PM
FlyinTomato
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because turbo

Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

^^ that turbo and Greg's are my favourites. Dying it find a set if LMs I can refurb with champagne gold centres for my midnight JKR
Old 06-05-2014, 06:55 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

Ps 2 close contenders in GR are DD's and MO's, you know who you are!
Old 06-05-2014, 06:56 PM
J81 JKR
Pro

Oops, MPs not MOs
Old 06-06-2014, 04:05 AM
orp73
Racer

Smile

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
One of the best here:

(text copied from a previous post from P1CR)

964 TT BUILD SHEET
WPOAB2960RS420201

Base Car: 1994 C2 Grand Prix White (P5P5) coupe.

Current Weight: 2760lbs with ½ tank of fuel.

Engine: ’96 993TT engine purchased complete w/wiring harness, exhaust, cats ecu, etc. Complete case split and rebuild. Reason for splitting case was to upgrade to ARP rod bolts and head studs. All fresh, bearings, lifters, rings. Everything checked. Every hose and line replaced.

Gearbox: Two wheel drive 993 6-speed (G50-21) with 60/40 LSD. Opened, inspected and freshened. Also installed Turbo half-shafts w/new CV bolts.

Sachs RS Light Weight Flywheel: With a new TO bearing, clutch, etc.

Turbo and induction Upgrade: Installed Ultimate Motorwerks Stage 1. (http://www.ultimatemotorwerks.com/) hybrid 16/24 turbos, matching ECU (’96 w/twin Intel processors) and 130mm 100 cell CATS as well as custom plenum ramp. Passes stringent California smog check. Electronic Boost Controller (“EBC”) with 3 boost programs .8bar, 1bar and 1.2bar. Engine has always been run w/100 octane fuel mixed with regular pump gas, but can run pump gas on 1 bar setting w/no problems. NOTE: Highway fuel economy is +30mpg (has on board computer) Running 1.2 bar on race fuel yields approximately 500 HP.

External Oil Cooler: Turbo S oil cooler installed in highflow area of front bumper opening. Installed brake ducts to increase airflow to A/C condenser and OE oil cooler.

Exhaust: Custom built exhaust tips straight out from 130mm 100 cell race CATS. RSR cookie cutter megaphones cut down for tips. No mufflers.

Drive Block Computer: 993 security key-fob activated door lock/security release. This is a very nice feature as it makes it impossible to steal the car unless its towed. Also keeps 99% of people from driving the car as they can't start it. Basically this is key as it makes everything work like stock.

Suspension: Upgraded w/993 Evo uprights + tie-rods to reduce bump steer and make it safe to run 18's. Installed RS/Cup sway bars. KW V3 coil overs. Specially valved based on car’s specs. Ruf front strut bar. Car has been aligned and corner balanced by Steve Alacron @ Suspension Specialties.

Drive train upgrades: Turbo CVs and 1/2 shalfs.....Also turbo engine mounts.

Brakes: Ruf 965 Turbo brakes. New front 993TT rotors (needed w/993 Evo uprights) installed and new rear rotors.

Wheels/Tires: Ruf 8.5x18s and custom made11x18s. Bridgestone RE050A tires. Wheels powder coated in proprietary black “wrinkle” finish designed by Bob Wake. (Note Bob also shot the rear lenses with a special tint so they are actually “red”)

Rear deck lid: Custom made tail built so that the intercooler will seal as designed by factory. It is a highly modified (built from scratch) duck tail that matches the contours of the rear bumper. After hard run the i/c is cool to the touch!

Front Hood: Carbon fiber from Getty Designs.

Lightweight Interior: Replaced heavy lower dash with earlier dash pad. Removed stock carpet and rear seats and sound padding (except under driver & passenger foot well). Installed RS felt carpet. Similar “felt” ala 917 used on Dash on belting on top of doors and under quarter-windows. Door panels are RS style w/map pockets in both doors as there is no glovebox. Currently has OE 964 Speedster seats with rare oe Porsche hounds tooth cloth inserts; seats also come with original black perforated leather inserts. Aluminum 8-point roll cage from Ruf. Schroth four-point electric belts installed (with oe switch on dash to manually lock) as well as onboard fire exstinguisher. Radio delete plate and all associated non-op wires removed from wiring harness. New headliner. All interior done by “Interiors by Porfi”

Gauges: 200 mph Speedo by North Hollywood Speedo. VDO boost gauge w/tell-tale. gReddy boost controller set to .8, 1.0 and 1.2 bar. Any important warning light from clock moved to other gauges!

Body: Body was built by Chris Thompson and is all steel. Chris is top restoration metal fabricator in Southern California. Specializes in aluminum. Rear quarters have been flared +2 inches. The A pillar has been shaved ala 935 and 935 aero mirrors installed. Original roof/Sunroof removed and early model (lightest weight) installed. Rear reflector panel deleted and now aluminum. Rear lower aluminum valance to hide heater pipes. Door beams cut from car. Inner aluminum bumpers “swiss cheesed” and heavy bumper shocks deleted for crush tubes. Front fenders lips rolled. Special modification to rear window to get factory lightweight 939RS glass to fit in stock 964 position. Full respray in OE GP White.

Installation: Only a few people in US who can do this 993TT installation job correctly. Installation by Lance Aspesi, master mechanic and computer programmer. Mr. Aspesi is an aircraft mechanic that specializes in Porsche engine swap projects...incredibly meticulous, super clean, etc. After seeing his work, if I was not able to retain him, I was not going to do the job.

Additional Information: Everything on this car works. Heater, wipers, lights A/C blows ice cold (’94 was on model year equipped with the upgraded 993 style much improved A/C). Car has been over its lifetime well cared for and there are stacks of documents including the original window sticker. This car has never been in an accident and is as nice underneath as it is on top. Sold originally from Pioneer Porsche in San Diego.

Car has approximately 7,500 miles on it since new engine/gearbox swap. I am the 3rd owner since it was sold at Pioneer Porsche in San Diego back 1994. This is a “94” so one of the very last of the 964 cars and last of all hand built Porsches.

TIME: Project took 3 years to complete.

Magazine Coverage

Excellence Magazine: Car appeared on cover and a seven (7) page spread in the November 2008 issue.
911&Porsche World: Car had a six (6) page spread in April 2009 issue.
GT Purely Porsche: Multiple requests to shoot car, but no jurno’s in US.
Total 911: Seven (7) page spread in Issue 60, March 2010.
European Car: Contacted me in August ’09 about doing a feature/TBA
Its perfect
Old 06-06-2014, 04:19 AM
BLACK-BETTY
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
One of the best here:
Yup I absolutely love this one too.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:28 AM
jrampton
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So many cars to choose from...

Simon's 964 RS NGT has to be the one i talk about most though.

IMG_8973-176 by John Rampton, on Flickr

IMG_8898-198 by John Rampton, on Flickr
IMG_3248 by John Rampton, on Flickr

But you know what i love all 964's

IMG_6989490 by John Rampton, on Flickr
IMG_6953486-1 by John Rampton, on Flickr

I've become quite fond of this one for

IMG_0970 by John Rampton, on Flickr
Old 06-07-2014, 12:07 AM
jotaking
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

IMO 964 speedster is the best looking speedster by a mile...just looks so right and this one is a beauty!!!

Last edited by jotaking; 08-06-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 AM
Vandit
Nordschleife Master

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts

This AP Car Design 964 has to be one of my favorites.

More pictures and info here.
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...ap-design.html

Quick Reply: Post your favourite 964 and why - another picture thread.