T-OBD Scantool can't connect to ABS module

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 09:12 AM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T-OBD Scantool can't connect to ABS module

My T-OBD Scantool is a real "jewel" in my book considering what it does and what it costs. Once upon a time I owned a Bosch "Hammer", but that is now long gone. It was a great and uselful tool, but Tore's interface and the Scantool software does much of the same. I have encountered one problem, however, and wonder if anyone else has done so too. When I attempt to connect to the ABS module on my '92 C2, the tool simply refuses to connect. It tries, but never manages to do so. Any thoughts??
Old 10-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Crystal Cranks
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately the t-obc scantool will only "talk" to the C4 ABS unit not the one in the C2 as they are different.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:10 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Rose
When I attempt to connect to the ABS module on my '92 C2, the tool simply refuses to connect. It tries, but never manages to do so. Any thoughts??
The C2 ABS controller has no built-in method for onboard diagnostics. There is an LED tester from Bosch but that just makes it a little easier to directly check the sensor values. You can do the same with a multimeter and oscilloscope.
Old 10-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thanks, guys. I have no issues with my ABS at present, but I just decided to check it for the heck of it yesterday since I had my laptop in hand. Now that I know I cannot connect to it with Scantool, I'll just be happy knowing that it all appears to be working. Thanks again for the good information you have provided me.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:59 AM
ToreB
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonAndreas
The C2 ABS controller has no built-in method for onboard diagnostics. There is an LED tester from Bosch but that just makes it a little easier to directly check the sensor values. You can do the same with a multimeter and oscilloscope.
Thanks for the information, this was new to me. I will put this info into my product/software information. Does this apply to all 964 C2 models?
Cheers,
Tore
Old 10-16-2013, 12:28 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by ToreB
Does this apply to all 964 C2 models?
Yes, unfortunately.
Old 10-19-2013, 05:39 PM
ziu
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first used my scantool under win 7 I´m shure to have had an entry about an "unknown ABS fault"
After switching to win 8 I had to use a VMware player. Since then I´m not able to connect to ABS with my C2.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Joe Rose
Addict
Rennlist Member

Very interesting, though I don't think applies to my situation. My laptop with the Scantool software is still running Vista. I believe all other respondents to my post have indicated that the current Scantool software will not connect to the ABS module on a US Carrera 2

Quick Reply: T-OBD Scantool can't connect to ABS module