Sponsored by:

Need help w/the HVAC

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 09:49 AM
rastleford
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/the HVAC

I've read quite a bit about the problems concerning our many fans and their many problems, but am having trouble finding the solution to my problem

every spring on startup my battery has a problem of going dead for the first 2 weeks of driving, I decided this year I was going to see if there was a short or something. So I pulled my fuses and relays one by one to see where the drain was------------there continued to be a drain with everything unplugged. now my battery holds a charge just fine
but, my check engine light came on and I have no interior fan. There is a little bit of air movement (low speed fan?) and the temp. control works, but I can't get any high speed fan adjustment
any direction to look would be most appreciated
Old 07-15-2003, 10:17 AM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure about the check engine light. But - you will lose the fans if the rear blower motor isn't working. The fuse / relays for those is not in the luggage compartment - it's in the left hand side of the engine bay. I would guess you've blown the fuse.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:21 AM
rastleford
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear blower fan still works though------I replaced the resistor because I thought that that might have been the problem w/my battery dying also (if the fan was staying on too long)

Quick Reply: Need help w/the HVAC