Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual steering rack from RS America

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 03:50 PM
bobaines
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi back at you. Making plans for this winters upgrades?
Old 09-13-2013, 04:05 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nothing too big this winter Bob.

I'll pull the entire ABS system out and the rest of the unused wiring harness in an effort to get weight out. The only other weight savings, I believe, will have to come when the car is striped and dipped for phase 2.2a.
Old 09-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Captain Ahab Jr.
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KaiB
Nothing too big this winter Bob.

I'll pull the entire ABS system out and the rest of the unused wiring harness in an effort to get weight out. The only other weight savings, I believe, will have to come when the car is striped and dipped for phase 2.2a.
Please post up a thread for what is involved with doing that as ABS delete is on my lightweight list too
Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Found a 997 cup pump with 1 season on it (thanks Jeff!), the next step is selling the manual rack or trading my rack for a power rack and cash. Guess I'll go list it for sale now.

A used 964 or 993 power rack...either one works correct?

Anything I need to know about suspension/camber/caster changes after the change?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction for this guys. I appreciate the info and time savings. I've modded many (too many) cars in the last 15 years, but they were all street/track cars, never a race car and never anything related to power steering!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:21 PM
KaiB
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is a fellow over on the 993 forum asking about RSA manual racks.

I suggested he peek over here and work out a trade plus cash. (I have a used 993 rack in my car and will post pics of my pump installation in a day or two).

You will LOVE the change and sleep better at night after a day on the track. Pretty car btw.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:33 PM
forklift
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Sure.

I sold mine to Bob, one of our RL'ers, in Atlanta. It shipped out of Rothsport in Portland.

You'll LOVE the electric steering pump and rack!!!
More than one 993/964 C2 guy would like to have the RSA rack.

Mine was a 40K mile rack and sold in less than one day (with three backups) for $1.5K if I remember correctly.

One of my favorite mods (ummm...the entire car is one big mod, is it not?) was/is the RSR pump. With the biggie slicks up front, the manual steering left me exhausted.
There is a fellow over on the 993 forum asking about RSA manual racks.

I suggested he peek over here and work out a trade plus cash. (I have a used 993 rack in my car and will post pics of my pump installation in a day or two).

You will LOVE the change and sleep better at night after a day on the track. Pretty car btw.
I've heard this from others, that moving to PS is a great mod. I have submitted to PCA rules the last two years to allow this as a legal change for RSAs since C2s can run w/ PS but no dice. I'm exhausted at the end of a w/e and thinking PS would really help but guess I just need to workout more.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:08 PM
OH77
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack

Old thread, have you still got the rack?

Last edited by OH77; 09-02-2019 at 01:47 PM. Reason: Bad spelling

Quick Reply: Manual steering rack from RS America