Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

964 conversion from tip to manual

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 04:00 AM
jevvy964
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Decent thread a few months back - more if you search.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...al-tranny.html
Old 09-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Runtothehills
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are no good documented conversions on rennlist yet... A bit of a gap considering so much else on the 964 is covered in great detail. All that we can reference is an article in a 2009 issue of excellence. I'm sure if someone had a detailed write up it would clear a lot of the mystery surrounding what is a major yet achievable task. It is not really Frankenstein considering the factory made both tip and manual cars, not like shoehorning an LSX into the back of a 911.

Saying that it's still a big cost and project. Here in NZ manual 964s enjoy a 10-15k price point over the tips when (if) they ever come up for sale. The conversion I estimate here at about $9k for the g50. $5k for the remaining hardware and anything from 5 to 10k for the labour. So another 20-25k. There's no way you would ever do this to make a profit!

So the real reason for doing it, which makes me consider it over selling the 964 tip and trying to find a manual c2 is 1. For the extra cost you do get to know what every piece of the drivetrain condition is. A lot of manual owners still have to rebuild their g50s/ replace flywheels anyway. That's not cheap. 2. You get to choose all the componentry knowing what we know now. Vs. 1991. Light flywheel or not. 6speed 993 box (if you can get it) or not! Evolve that 964 into what works best.

I know less about the c4 to c2 conversions, because there is now known ways to overcome their under steer with roll bars etc, to compare they are cheaper to convert into a c2 than tip to man I presume, but more of a Frankenstein approach. The car will always be a c4 on the registration and bodywork.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:12 AM
kgb_kgb
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

anyone knows where i can get the pedal box ?
i am in need of the accelerator ?
i have the clutch and Brake assembly but my accelerator assembly is missing.

I need help for this Urgently.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 964 conversion from tip to manual