Seat switch part number

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 10:32 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 575 Likes on 364 Posts
Default Seat switch part number

I need to order a new switch for my drivers side back rest. When I do a search there are two part numbers that come up.
and
92861318300SPL

Does anyone know what the difference is between these parts? I want to make sure I get the correct part.
Thanks!
Old 05-30-2015, 12:21 AM
Norse_man
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pull the switch out the switch has the part number on it so you can get the right one.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:13 AM
Robbrizzle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also before you order another one, have you tried cleaning the contacts in the switch? It requires patience but fairly straightforward.
Pics attached (attempting to but keep getting parse errors) but I can't I'm afraid remember if this is the same switch as your problematic one.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:53 AM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robbrizzle
Also before you order another one, have you tried cleaning the contacts in the switch? It requires patience but fairly straightforward.
Pics attached (attempting to but keep getting parse errors) but I can't I'm afraid remember if this is the same switch as your problematic one.
I tried contact cleaner but that didn't work. I have seen the thread about the springs and ball bearings but I don't have the patients for that.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Robbrizzle
Intermediate

If you have a jewellers screwdriver (flathead about 2 mm wide), use it to open the switch then scrap the contact surfaces and job done. Contact cleaner won't be enough.
I'll try again later with uploading images but by the time you've taken the switch out to read the number in the side of it, you're more than halfway done.
Old 05-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Originally Posted by Robbrizzle
If you have a jewellers screwdriver (flathead about 2 mm wide), use it to open the switch then scrap the contact surfaces and job done. Contact cleaner won't be enough.
I'll try again later with uploading images but by the time you've taken the switch out to read the number in the side of it, you're more than halfway done.
Would love to see this. Replaced all my switches with new ones but I kept the originals in hopes I can fix them and have them in case I need them in the future
Old 05-30-2015, 01:49 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by pirahna
I tried contact cleaner but that didn't work.
If you can get a pencil eraser in there, it will work a lot better than straight contact cleaner.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:23 PM
Robbrizzle
Intermediate

Default Switch pics

Push in 1st plastic clip

Push in 2nd plastic clip

The first side will pop up

Do the same on the other side

make sure you've got something underneath it before you take it apart in case the ball bearings spill out

Gently lift off the top

Remove the white plastic square in the middle, it lifts straight up

Now the centre is out you can remove the rockers by bending the inner side that was touching the white plastic

If you notice the white spot on the centre of the contact, that needs scraping off

if you notice the contact point in the body of the switch (screwdriver pointing at it) that needs scraping too

do the same for the other 3 rockers, as well as the bits of metal which look like a noughts and crosses grid as these make the circuit complete

if you put the rocker on the end of the screwdriver like this, you can get it back in to position on one side then by pushing it sideways and down at the same time it will pop back in

Next put the round bit of the switch upside down, put the ball bearings on top of the springs and get carefully place the main body of the switch on top until it clicks back in

Old 05-30-2015, 04:37 PM
Robbrizzle
Intermediate

Default Switch pics

Push in 1st plastic clip

Push in 2nd plastic clip

The first side will pop up

Do the same on the other side

make sure you've got something underneath it before you take it apart in case the ball bearings spill out

Gently lift off the top

Remove the white plastic square in the middle, it lifts straight up

Now the centre is out you can remove the rockers by bending the inner side that was touching the white plastic

If you notice the white spot on the centre of the contact, that needs scraping off

if you notice the contact point in the body of the switch (screwdriver pointing at it) that needs scraping too

do the same for the other 3 rockers, as well as the bits of metal which look like a noughts and crosses grid as these make the circuit complete

if you put the rocker on the end of the screwdriver like this, you can get it back in to position on one side then by pushing it sideways and down at the same time it will pop back in

Next put the round bit of the switch upside down, put the ball bearings on top of the springs and get carefully place the main body of the switch on top until it clicks back in

Old 05-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Great tutorial
Old 05-30-2015, 05:20 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks! The part number is in your picture. I will order a new one and might try rehabbing my old one so I have a spare. Much appreciated!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Norse_man
Racer

Originally Posted by pirahna
Thanks! The part number is in your picture. I will order a new one and might try rehabbing my old one so I have a spare. Much appreciated!
Please do not go by the part number in his photo.
I have two 4 way switches in my drivers seat. I ordered two of the same part number. Turns out they are two different parts. One switch has an addition plug and wire. So I needed two 4,way switches with different part numbers.
Old 05-30-2015, 06:10 PM
Norse_man
Racer

These two part numbers are from same drivers side seat. Takes one of each. Can't remember which one is which front or back switch.

Old 05-30-2015, 07:20 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Thanks! Looks like 92861318300 is what I am looking for.
Old 06-01-2015, 02:00 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

4 way for the drivers backrest? 928-613-183-00. Just ordered one from Sunset, cheapest and in stock!

Quick Reply: Seat switch part number